Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Role not executing command
Operating Systems Solaris Role not executing command Post 302775259 by cjashu on Monday 4th of March 2013 12:07:53 PM
Old 03-04-2013
Role not executing command

Hello Guys,
I am studying RBAC. So I create a role called sysadm and gave it the "shutdown" profile.

Now when I switch to that role, and execute the shutdown command

Code:
$ shutdown -y -g0 -i5

The system responds with :

shutdown: not found

Can anyone help me with this please?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a command at startup

Hey all, How do I execute a file at startup automatically. From what I've read is that I need to put it into my .bashrc file. I'm not sure where to go from there. Can I just type commands into that and they'll run next time I restart my server? Right now I have added these lines: cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NathanWarden
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing command from subdirectories

Hello, I've been trying to run 'ls -1R | wc -l' inside of sub directories to in order to determine how big each folder is. find . -maxdepth 1 -type d | while read folder do cd "$folder" && echo "$folder has $(ls -1R | wc -l) files" && cd .. done or for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NoobProgrammer
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doing a capture while another command is executing?

Basically what i'm trying to do is execute an update command and at the same time have the system do a TCPdump to file for that update traffic. So I would like to connect the two commands so that the tcpdump terminates automatically when the update finishes/fails/whatever. Right now I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrEddy
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepare command before executing

Hi, Couldnt find the right string" to search for a similar question..so dont know if this has been answered yet...problem is that I want to prepare a command with the requisite parameters passed as a string before executing it...eg: the ls command .. I can pass "-l", "-t" as parameters and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: harman_6
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd command not executing in if else loop

Hi, I am executing below script s1=`pwd` s2=/space if then echo "done" else echo "mistake" cd /tmp fi I am not able to migrate to /tmp directory if the condition is not true.However mistake is being printed.Means cd command is not working here.All other commands except cd are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: d8011
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Which filesystem a command is executing from?

Hi. We can have one or more agents of a particular type running on our AIX and Solaris servers. As these agents have usually been installed into their own filesystems, I need to capture the filesystem names for auditing purposes. I've had a search through the forums can see something that fits the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: smoosmoo
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while executing sh command

Hi, I have 2 files temp1.sh and temp2.sh as follows: =========== temp1.sh =========== echo "session1" sh temp2.sh echo "exit session2 and enter session1" ================================= ============= temp2.sh ============= echo "session2" sh echo "exit session2"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RP09
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help executing command with options

Hi, I have this command in a shell script and I can get it to echo ok, but when I try to execute the command I get a "file not found" error. Which is strange because, if I copy and paste the same command at the cli it works ok. What am I doing wrong please? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
16 Replies

9. Red Hat

Warn Before Executing Particular Command

I'm running CentOS 6.8 and use bash. I would like a warning to appear to the user who runs the command "service httpd restart" E.g. # service httpd restart are you sure y/n n # (or if y, the command executes). I looked into it a little but am not sure of the best approach. Aliases I ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Warn Before Executing Particular Command

I'm running CentOS 6.8 and use bash. I would like a warning to appear to the user who runs the command "service httpd restart" E.g. # service httpd restart are you sure y/n n # (or if y, the command executes). I looked into it a little but am not sure of the best approach. Aliases I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
2 Replies
Moose::Meta::TypeConstraint::Role(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Moose::Meta::TypeConstraint::Role(3)

NAME
Moose::Meta::TypeConstraint::Role - Role/TypeConstraint parallel hierarchy VERSION
version 2.1202 DESCRIPTION
This class represents type constraints for a role. INHERITANCE
"Moose::Meta::TypeConstraint::Role" is a subclass of Moose::Meta::TypeConstraint. METHODS
Moose::Meta::TypeConstraint::Role->new(%options) This creates a new role type constraint based on the given %options. It takes the same options as its parent, with two exceptions. First, it requires an additional option, "role", which is name of the constraint's role. Second, it automatically sets the parent to the "Object" type. The constructor also overrides the hand optimized type constraint with one it creates internally. $constraint->role Returns the role name associated with the constraint. $constraint->parents Returns all the type's parent types, corresponding to the roles that its role does. $constraint->is_subtype_of($type_name_or_object) If the given type is also a role type, then this checks that the type's role does the other type's role. Otherwise it falls back to the implementation in Moose::Meta::TypeConstraint. $constraint->create_child_type(%options) This returns a new Moose::Meta::TypeConstraint object with the type as its parent. Note that it does not return a "Moose::Meta::TypeConstraint::Role" object! BUGS
See "BUGS" in Moose for details on reporting bugs. AUTHORS
o Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> o Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> o Jesse Luehrs <doy@tozt.net> o Shawn M Moore <code@sartak.org> o XXXX XXX'XX (Yuval Kogman) <nothingmuch@woobling.org> o Karen Etheridge <ether@cpan.org> o Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> o Hans Dieter Pearcey <hdp@weftsoar.net> o Chris Prather <chris@prather.org> o Matt S Trout <mst@shadowcat.co.uk> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2006 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-19 Moose::Meta::TypeConstraint::Role(3)