Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Display/Cut the characters based on match Post 302774793 by anbu23 on Sunday 3rd of March 2013 10:11:14 AM
Old 03-03-2013
Code:
awk -F\' ' { print $(NF-1) } ' file

This User Gave Thanks to anbu23 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut first 4 characters from a line

Please let me know how to cut first four characters from a line in UNIX after grepping the file.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushikraman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to cut first 21 and 32-25 characters from file

Guys, can you help me in doing cut first 21 and 32-35 characters from file. I tried with cut -c to cut first 21 characters ,It is succeeded. But i need both first 21 and 32-35. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_xunil
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut the last 15 characters off

Hi Gurus, I am trying to execute the below command. However the output shows the value + path of the folder where the command is being executed. But I am only interested in the value but not the path. du -hs /aps/inf/SeLogs when I execute the above command, output is 32G... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut add characters

i have following fixed width text(also has a delimiter) id;name;age;comments1;comments2;title;date to get output as id;name;age;;;title;date (remove comments but keep the delimiter in between) i use cut -c1-12,22,32- suppose if i want to insert another ; somewhere like ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petergemeni
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut a string for last 8 characters

Hello All I have a file like this abc.tpt.ctl bdc.tpt.ctl cdw.tpt.ctl I have looped every line using the for Loop, now I want to take each line and cut the .tpt.ctl part of it and store it in a variable and use the variable in same loop. The part I am stuck at is how do I cut the last... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

New files based off match or no match

Trying to match $2 in original_targets with $2 of new_targets . If the two numbers match exactly then a match.txt file is outputted using the information in the new_targets in the beginning 4 fields $1, $2, $3, $4 and value of $4 in the original_targets . If there is "No Match" then a no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display match or no match and write a text file to a directory

The below bash connects to a site, downloads a file, searches that file based of user input - could be multiple (all that seems to work). What I am not able to figure out is how to display on the screen match found or no match found" and write a file to a directory (C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\wget)... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)