Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SEA configuration
Operating Systems AIX SEA configuration Post 302774559 by MichaelFelt on Saturday 2nd of March 2013 11:59:41 AM
Old 03-02-2013
As this is IVE (Integrated Virtual Ethernet) you need to be sure that the HEA (Hardware Ethernet Adapter) is configured in promiscuous mode, and the VIOS is the only system using the port.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

sea application in SUSE

We are using sea application in SUSE linux 10, we are getting the below problem while launching the SEA Sea is stopped with the message ' sh: /home/pub/bin/awk: cannot execute binary file' in the log window. Anybody can help me in this issue Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

2. AIX

VIOS SEA Creation

Hi Guys, I'm getting the below error while trying to create a SEA adapter in VIOS $ mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent2 -default ent2 -defaultid 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

3. AIX

SEA

Hi all, I set up the following configuration on my system: - An LPar with a virtual adapter, first one with a vlan id=703 and id port=13. - The first adapter have to connect to a VIOS in which i configured an SEA. So, the VA is set up on interface ent2, SEA on ent29 (by linking a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
0 Replies

4. AIX

VIO SEA Adapters

hi guys BTW pretty new to VIO I inherited 2 I BM Power Server - blades PS701 - One is already configured using en8 # lsdev -Cc adapter | grep ent ent0 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent1 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent2 Available 04-20... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
8 Replies

5. AIX

SEA to standby

hello, what will happen if i try to move sea of my 1 vio server to standby( using chdev command), when sea of other vio server is already in standby mode? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvineeth
1 Replies

6. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies
KUE(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    KUE(4)

NAME
kue -- Kawasaki LSI KL5KUSB101B USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uhci device ohci device usb device kue Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_kue_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The kue driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Kawasaki LSI KL5KLUSB101B chipset. The KL5KLUSB101B supports a 128-entry multicast filter, single perfect filter entry for the station address and promiscuous mode. Packets are received and transmitted over separate USB bulk transfer endpoints. The Kawasaki chipset supports only 10Mbps half-duplex mode, hence there are no ifmedia(4) modes to select. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). HARDWARE
The kue driver supports Kawasaki LSI KL5KLUSB101B based USB Ethernet adapters including: o 3Com 3c19250 o 3Com 3c460 HomeConnect Ethernet USB Adapter o ADS Technologies USB-10BT o AOX USB101 o ATen UC10T o Abocom URE 450 o Corega USB-T o D-Link DSB-650C o Entrega NET-USB-E45, NET-HUB-3U1E o I/O Data USB ETT o Kawasaki DU-H3E o LinkSys USB10T o Netgear EA101 o Peracom USB Ethernet Adapter o Psion Gold Port USB Ethernet adapter o SMC 2102USB, 2104USB DIAGNOSTICS
kue%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. kue%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The kue device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 4.0. AUTHORS
The kue driver was written by Bill Paul <wpaul@ee.columbia.edu>. BUGS
The kue driver does not accumulate Ethernet collisions statistics because the Kawasaki firmware does not appear to maintain any internal sta- tistics. BSD
October 7, 2006 BSD