Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SEA configuration
Operating Systems AIX SEA configuration Post 302774505 by hedou on Saturday 2nd of March 2013 08:03:30 AM
Old 03-02-2013
SEA configuration

i want configure a SEA over my vios ,
i have a message error :
Code:
Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsea):                                         
Failed to configure SEA with return code 1 and SEA-specific error code 10:      
Detailed info: Setting real adapter ent1 in promiscuous mode failed with error 1

Since it is an IVE logical port, it is likely that this VIOS needs to be configured as the IVE physical port's promiscuous logical partition

Command did not complete.

"Run mkdev" was last subcommand run.
please help me

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: even if you didn't say it this is clearly AIX. I am going to transfer this thread over to the AIX board. Please note too, that we really meant it when we asked you to use CODE-tags. Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

sea application in SUSE

We are using sea application in SUSE linux 10, we are getting the below problem while launching the SEA Sea is stopped with the message ' sh: /home/pub/bin/awk: cannot execute binary file' in the log window. Anybody can help me in this issue Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

2. AIX

VIOS SEA Creation

Hi Guys, I'm getting the below error while trying to create a SEA adapter in VIOS $ mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent2 -default ent2 -defaultid 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

3. AIX

SEA

Hi all, I set up the following configuration on my system: - An LPar with a virtual adapter, first one with a vlan id=703 and id port=13. - The first adapter have to connect to a VIOS in which i configured an SEA. So, the VA is set up on interface ent2, SEA on ent29 (by linking a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
0 Replies

4. AIX

VIO SEA Adapters

hi guys BTW pretty new to VIO I inherited 2 I BM Power Server - blades PS701 - One is already configured using en8 # lsdev -Cc adapter | grep ent ent0 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent1 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent2 Available 04-20... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
8 Replies

5. AIX

SEA to standby

hello, what will happen if i try to move sea of my 1 vio server to standby( using chdev command), when sea of other vio server is already in standby mode? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvineeth
1 Replies

6. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies
IO::Async::Handle(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Async::Handle(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Handle" - event callbacks for a non-blocking file descriptor SYNOPSIS
This class is likely not to be used directly, because subclasses of it exist to handle more specific cases. Here is an example of how it would be used to watch a listening socket for new connections. In real code, it is likely that the "Loop->listen" method would be used instead. use IO::Socket::INET; use IO::Async::Handle; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $socket = IO::Socket::INET->new( LocalPort => 1234, Listen => 1 ); my $handle = IO::Async::Handle->new( handle => $socket, on_read_ready => sub { my $new_client = $socket->accept; ... }, ); $loop->add( $handle ); For most other uses with sockets, pipes or other filehandles that carry a byte stream, the IO::Async::Stream class is likely to be more suitable. For non-stream sockets, see IO::Async::Socket. DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier allows non-blocking IO on filehandles. It provides event handlers for when the filehandle is read- or write-ready. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_ready Invoked when the read handle becomes ready for reading. on_write_ready Invoked when the write handle becomes ready for writing. on_closed Optional. Invoked when the handle becomes closed. This handler is invoked before the filehandles are closed and the Handle removed from its containing Loop. The "loop" will still return the containing Loop object. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": read_handle => IO write_handle => IO The reading and writing IO handles. Each must implement the "fileno" method. Primarily used for passing "STDIN" / "STDOUT"; see the SYNOPSIS section of "IO::Async::Stream" for an example. handle => IO The IO handle for both reading and writing; instead of passing each separately as above. Must implement "fileno" method in way that "IO::Handle" does. on_read_ready => CODE on_write_ready => CODE on_closed => CODE CODE references for event handlers. want_readready => BOOL want_writeready => BOOL If present, enable or disable read- or write-ready notification as per the "want_readready" and "want_writeready" methods. It is required that a matching "on_read_ready" or "on_write_ready" are available for any handle that is provided; either passed as a callback CODE reference or as an overridden the method. I.e. if only a "read_handle" is given, then "on_write_ready" can be absent. If "handle" is used as a shortcut, then both read and write-ready callbacks or methods are required. If no IO handles are provided at construction time, the object is still created but will not yet be fully-functional as a Handle. IO handles can be assigned later using the "set_handle" or "set_handles" methods, or by "configure". This may be useful when constructing an object to represent a network connection, before the connect(2) has actually been performed yet. METHODS
$handle->set_handles( %params ) Sets new reading or writing filehandles. Equivalent to calling the "configure" method with the same parameters. $handle->set_handle( $fh ) Shortcut for $handle->configure( handle => $fh ) $handle->close This method calls "close" on the underlying IO handles. This method will then remove the handle from its containing loop. $handle->close_read $handle->close_write Closes the underlying read or write handle, and deconfigures it from the object. Neither of these methods will invoke the "on_closed" event, nor remove the object from the Loop if there is still one open handle in the object. Only when both handles are closed, will "on_closed" be fired, and the object removed. $handle = $handle->read_handle $handle = $handle->write_handle These accessors return the underlying IO handles. $fileno = $handle->read_fileno $fileno = $handle->write_fileno These accessors return the file descriptor numbers of the underlying IO handles. $value = $handle->want_readready $oldvalue = $handle->want_readready( $newvalue ) $value = $handle->want_writeready $oldvalue = $handle->want_writeready( $newvalue ) These are the accessor for the "want_readready" and "want_writeready" properties, which define whether the object is interested in knowing about read- or write-readiness on the underlying file handle. SEE ALSO
o IO::Handle - Supply object methods for I/O handles AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Handle(3pm)