Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to combine awk and bash commands in script ? Post 302774425 by Yoda on Friday 1st of March 2013 10:48:43 PM
Old 03-01-2013
Code:
#!/bin/bash

while read line
do
        [[ "$line" =~ ^# ]] && continue
        [[ "$line" =~ ^URL ]] && URL="${line#*=}"
        [[ "$line" =~ ^FILENAME ]] && FILENAME="${line#*=}"
        [[ "$line" =~ ^ID_NAME ]] && ID_NAME="${line#*=}"

if [[ "$line" =~ ^SERVER_PATH ]]
        then
                SERVER_PATH="${line#*=}"
                URL="${URL//\"/}"
                FILENAME="${FILENAME//\"/}"
                ID_NAME="${ID_NAME//\"/}"
                SERVER_PATH="${SERVER_PATH//\"/}"

# Now you have all values in variable. 
                # Put your code here
        fi

done < filename

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to combine and insert missing consecutive numbers - awk or script?

Hi all, I have two (2) sets of files that are based on some snapshots of database that I want to merge and insert any missing sequential number. Below are example representation of these files: file1: DATE TIME COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 ID 01/10/2013 0800 100 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine several commands in a bash script

Hi all, I have large files with url-s ending on "|<number>" which is the Page Rank for the website as shown in the example below http://www.machinokairo.com/2012/05/post-39.html|2 I am using "grep" to sort out all url-s in a particular way: first, remove all ending on "|0" and write the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple awk commands

Hi Team, I am getting input like below $ ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v asm | grep -v grep oracle 3246 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_racora1 oracle 4367 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_test1 oracle 6893 1 0 00:03 ? 00:00:01 ora_pmon_gipora1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine 2 bash script into 1?

Hi all, I’ve quick question on bash scripting. Here is my initial input. This is just an example. The value could be different numbers/ip addresses. host.txtFinal output should be like this. output-final.txt In order to have this, I’ve 2 different scripts. The first one is just to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe or combine output of three awk commands

What is the correct syntax to pipe or run three awk commands? Basically, using the output of the first awk as input in the second. Then using the output of the second awk in the third. Thank you :). awk 'FNR==NR {E; next }$3 in E {print $3, $5}' panel_genes.txt RefSeqGene.txt > update.txt |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine Both Output from the awk Script

Hi, Is there anyway to combine output from the awk scripting. file01.txt: AUE_CHMOD AUE_CHOWN AUE_CHROOT AUE_CONNECT AUE_ACCEPT AUE_FCHOWN AUE_FCHMOD AUE_SETREUID AUE_SETREGID AUE_FCHROOT AUE_PFEXEC AUE_SETUID AUE_NICE AUE_SETGID (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine awk commands into one

my code: gawk 'NR>'"${LASTLINENUM}"' && NR<='"${LINEENDNUM}"'' ${LOGFILE} | gawk '{l=$0;} /'"${STRING1}"'/ && /'"${STRING2}"'/ {for (i=NR-'"${BEFOREGLAF}"'; i<=NR+'"${AFTERGLAF}"'; i++) o=i; t++;} END { for(i=1; i<=NR; i++) if (o) print l; print t+=0;}' i would like to combine this into one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two awk commands

Hi, Can someone please guide me how to combine the following two awk calls in one? I noticed that it is very often situation for me, and I think that it can be replaced with one awk call. The question is more general, not the exact one. echo "A B C/D" | awk '{print $3}' | awk -F/ '{print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 2 Commands

Hello, I have the following code. I wonder if it can be combined into 1 command. y=`ls -1| tail -n 1` m=${y%.abc} Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using commands within bash script

The purpose of enclosed script is to execute selected command and output success or failure in whiptail msgBox Works as expected when command returns zero to msgBox. I cannot figure out how to continue / automate my script when command expects reply to continue / terminate. I am doing it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
2 Replies
GNUNET-TESTING(1)					      General Commands Manual						 GNUNET-TESTING(1)

NAME
gnunet-testing - Command line tool to access the testing library. SYNOPSIS
gnunet-testing [options] DESCRIPTION
gnunet-testing is a command line tool to access the testing library. OPTIONS
-C, --cfg Create unique configuration files. -c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME Use the configuration file FILENAME. -H, --hostkeys Host key file. -h, --help Print short help on options. -k, --key Create hostkey files from pre-computed hostkey list. -L LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL Use LOGLEVEL for logging. Valid values are DEBUG, INFO, WARNING and ERROR. -l LOGFILE, --logfile=LOGFILE Configure logging to write logs to LOGFILE. -n, --number Number of unique configuration files or hostkeys to create. -t, --template Configuration template. -v, --version Print GNUnet version number. BUGS
Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> GNUnet Jan 4, 2012 GNUNET-TESTING(1)