Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine Post 302774417 by Smiling Dragon on Friday 1st of March 2013 09:58:58 PM
Old 03-01-2013
It should be fine, but will depend on the ftp client you are using, some could potentially skip zero length.

Some questions for you to consider:
When you are manually doing the transfer, are you doing the *exact same thing* as your script would do? If you are using a different command or different parameters, then focus your attention there.
Does the script do any checks that your manual process does not? If you are doing a checksum, you might have some bug in the script that fails to handle zero-length properly, or your script may be explicitly deleting zero length files considering them to be failed transfers.

But as PiK45 says, you'll need to list the command/script you are using to get any specific help here I suspect.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[FTP]opying of file from remote to local machine

Hi All, i wannna copy a file from the remote machine to my local machine using FTP protocol. i have made a connection to the remote machine , then i used the "get" cmd to copy the remote file as below :-> ftp> get (remote-file) /home/aruba/opmtools/was50/Was5Install.doc (local-file)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonbag_pspl
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check web server running on local and on remote machine

Hi , How to check whether web server is running from remote machine How to check whether web server is running on web server itself Can any one help me soon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define local variable on remote machine ?

Hello, I'm executing many commands using ssh and I want to define local vars on remote machine to ease my work: ssh remote1 <<-heredoc1 cmd1 cmd2 ... heredoc1 This one obviously defines variable on local machine: ssh remote1 "x=10" This one returns: ssh remote1 "'x=10'" bash: x=10:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using local variable on a remote machine

Hi, I'm writing a korn shell script where the user enters a variable and I have to create a directory remotely which contains the name of that variable. Example. print 'Please enter variable:' read variable ssh user@host 'mkdir before_$variable;' Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jangozo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfering files from one to another machine in different directories

I have to write script in which I have to copy files from different directories on machine A and put them in corresponding directories in machine B. Here machine A remains same per project and machine B keeps on changing. Is there any way through which I can do this using single remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhurjajoo
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

iptables applied in local machine, can't ssh remote machine after chain changed to DROP

I want to SSH to 192.168.1.15 Server from my machine, my ip was 192.168.1.99 Source Destination was UP, with IP 192.168.1.15. This is LAN Network there are 30 Machine's Connected to the network and working fine, I'm Playing around the local machine's because I need to apply the same rules in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with fetching the data from remote machine from my jumpbox(local machine)

Team, Presently i am running a script from my local box(i.e jumpbox) to all the remote machines.Basically fetching basic queries like pwd,mkdir,touch etc and i am able to successfully fetch it from my local machine.But when i want to check certain database related queries like the dbstat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute local script on remote machine and include arguments?

I have a script in local server cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir ./processchk po (here processchk is a script & po is passed as an argument) Now I want to execute this script from remote server ssh $username@$hostname "cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir; ./processchk po" But Its getting error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
9 Replies
DEBRSIGN(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DEBRSIGN(1)

NAME
       debrsign - remotely sign a Debian changes and dsc file pair using SSH

SYNOPSIS
       debrsign [options] [user@]remotehost [changes-file|dsc-file]

DESCRIPTION
       debrsign  takes	either	an  unsigned  .dsc file or an unsigned .changes file and the associated unsigned .dsc file (found by replacing the
       architecture name and .changes by .dsc) if it appears in the .changes file and signs them by copying  them  to  the  remote  machine  using
       ssh(1)  and  remotely  running  debsign(1)  on  that machine.  All options not listed below are passed to the debsign program on the remote
       machine.

If a .changes or .dsc file is specified, it is signed, otherwise, debian/changelog is parsed to determine the name of the .changes file	to
       look for in the parent directory.

This  utility  is useful if a developer must build a package on one machine where it is unsafe to sign it; they need then only transfer the
       small .dsc and .changes files to a safe machine and then use the debsign program to sign them before transferring them back.  This  program
       automates this process.

To  do  it  the	other way round, that is to connect to an unsafe machine to download the .dsc and .changes files, to sign them locally and
       then to transfer them back, see the debsign(1) program, which can do this task.

OPTIONS
       -S     Look for a source-only .changes file instead of a binary-build changes file.

-adebian-architecture, -tGNU-system-type
	      See dpkg-architecture(1) for a description of these options.  They affect the search for the .changes file.  They  are  provided	to
	      mimic the behaviour of dpkg-buildpackage when determining the name of the .changes file.

--multi
	      Multiarch  changes  mode:  This  signifies  that	debrsign  should  use  the  most  recent  file	with the name pattern package_ver-
	      sion_*+*.changes as the changes file, allowing for the changes files produced by dpkg-cross.

--path remote-path
	      Specify a path to the GPG binary on the remote host.

--help, --version
	      Show help message and version information respectively.

Other options
	      All other options are passed on to debsign on the remote machine.

CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
       The two configuration files /etc/devscripts.conf and ~/.devscripts are sourced in that order to set configuration variables.  Command  line
       options	can  be  used to override configuration file settings.	Environment variable settings are ignored for this purpose.  The currently
       recognised variables are:

DEBRSIGN_PGP_PATH
	      Equivalent to passing --path on the command line (see above.)

SEE ALSO
       debsign(1), dpkg-architecture(1) and ssh(1).

AUTHOR
       This program was written by Julian Gilbey <jdg@debian.org> and is copyright under the GPL, version 2 or later.

DEBIAN								 Debian Utilities						       DEBRSIGN(1)