Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port) Post 302774293 by DGPickett on Friday 1st of March 2013 02:15:07 PM
Old 03-01-2013
Can't the gods move a thread to a new forum? It's just rdbms values!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

tcp problem with port

I am trying to connect via DBACCESS and Informix server to a server on a different computer. When I execute the connect command from dbaccess I get the following message, Exec format error cannot bind a name to the port. As far as I know the port is not being used by another client. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lopez
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting output to TCP port

Hi All, I suspect this is simple but I cannot find any info on it. I have a logfile on a solaris box (EMS) that I want to tail -f but I want the output of this to be redirected to a TCP port. I have a second solaris box (PEM) running patrol enterprise manager that I am using as an alarm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mscomms
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict tcp-port access

Hi Is there any way to restrict the TCP-IP port usage. I want to restrict TCP-IP port 1500/1550 to the oracle osuser. Tanks in advance. Remi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: remivisser
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Locked TCP port in Solaris 10

Hi all I haven't had much experience with Solaris 10 but we've started running into a problem where a process hangs, it is killed and leaves a zombie process. The sysadmins are saying this zombie process is locking a tcp port and not allowing the process to start up. The process is a usually... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casphar
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

close tcp port

Hello, I have a service running (ODBC) and every now and then it will hang and I will have to stop and restart the service. The problem is when I stop the service, it indeed stops the service, but netstat reports a tcp port still open with the fin_wait_2 status. Then I must close the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCP port assignment

I have multiple processes running the same program on my linux machine. For each process I want to be able to use a unique (available) TCP port. I have thought of using netstat to check which ports are available for use however, the time-window between checking and selecting might expose some race... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timmylita
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to list process connected to tcp port?

Hey guys, I need to kill the process that is currently connected to port 10540. I'm on HP-UX machine. Below is the result of my netstat. $ netstat -an |grep 10540 tcp 0 0 129.0.0.1.10540 *.* LISTEN We don't have lsof command, but we have fuser. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brichigo
3 Replies

9. Programming

Using socket to test a TCP port

Hello, I'm trying to write a small c application to test a tcp port. This works fine for the most part but the default timeout on the connect is very long. I have been reading many posts but and it looks like I need to set the socket to be non-blocking and poll for a result. I have been totally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjones1105
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
ALCC(1) 							  aMule utilities							   ALCC(1)

NAME
alcc - text based eD2k links calculator for aMule SYNOPSIS
alcc [-p] [-v] <inputfiles_list> alcc [-h] DESCRIPTION
Compute the eD2k links of all the input files given in the <inputfiles_list> (There can be one or more files). [ -p, --parthashes ] Compute and add part hashes to the computed eD2k links. [ -h, --help ] Prints a short usage description. [ -v, --verbose ] Be verbose - show also calculation steps. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs either on our forum (http://forum.amule.org/), or in our bugtracker (http://bugs.amule.org/). Please do not report bugs in e-mail, neither to our mailing list nor directly to any team member. COPYRIGHT
aMule and all of its related utilities are distributed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
alc(1), amuled(1), amulecmd(1), amuleweb(1), cas(1), ed2k(1), wxcas(1), xas(1) AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Vollstrecker <amule@vollstreckernet.de> aMule eD2k links calculator November 2011 ALCC(1)