Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port) Post 302774253 by alinamadchian on Friday 1st of March 2013 01:15:42 PM
Old 03-01-2013
i tried lsof.
i am not that much familiar with unix.
when i type lsof it gives me lots of information in command line in a way that i can not see the previous commands that i typed (is there any command like /p that bring information page by page?)
but in that given information from lsof i can not find neither the port i see the port 5914 nor its corresponding ip that i saw in netstat -a for that particular port.
is there any way too release that port?

---------- Post updated at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:10 PM ----------

yes excuse me i post it on related forum

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

tcp problem with port

I am trying to connect via DBACCESS and Informix server to a server on a different computer. When I execute the connect command from dbaccess I get the following message, Exec format error cannot bind a name to the port. As far as I know the port is not being used by another client. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lopez
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting output to TCP port

Hi All, I suspect this is simple but I cannot find any info on it. I have a logfile on a solaris box (EMS) that I want to tail -f but I want the output of this to be redirected to a TCP port. I have a second solaris box (PEM) running patrol enterprise manager that I am using as an alarm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mscomms
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict tcp-port access

Hi Is there any way to restrict the TCP-IP port usage. I want to restrict TCP-IP port 1500/1550 to the oracle osuser. Tanks in advance. Remi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: remivisser
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Locked TCP port in Solaris 10

Hi all I haven't had much experience with Solaris 10 but we've started running into a problem where a process hangs, it is killed and leaves a zombie process. The sysadmins are saying this zombie process is locking a tcp port and not allowing the process to start up. The process is a usually... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casphar
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

close tcp port

Hello, I have a service running (ODBC) and every now and then it will hang and I will have to stop and restart the service. The problem is when I stop the service, it indeed stops the service, but netstat reports a tcp port still open with the fin_wait_2 status. Then I must close the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCP port assignment

I have multiple processes running the same program on my linux machine. For each process I want to be able to use a unique (available) TCP port. I have thought of using netstat to check which ports are available for use however, the time-window between checking and selecting might expose some race... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timmylita
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to list process connected to tcp port?

Hey guys, I need to kill the process that is currently connected to port 10540. I'm on HP-UX machine. Below is the result of my netstat. $ netstat -an |grep 10540 tcp 0 0 129.0.0.1.10540 *.* LISTEN We don't have lsof command, but we have fuser. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brichigo
3 Replies

9. Programming

Using socket to test a TCP port

Hello, I'm trying to write a small c application to test a tcp port. This works fine for the most part but the default timeout on the connect is very long. I have been reading many posts but and it looks like I need to set the socket to be non-blocking and poll for a result. I have been totally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjones1105
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
IP(3)							     Library Functions Manual							     IP(3)

NAME
ip - TCP, UDP, IL network protocols over IP SYNOPSIS
bind -a #Itcp /net bind -a #Iudp /net bind -a #Iil /net /net/tcp/clone /net/tcp/n /net/tcp/n/data /net/tcp/n/ctl /net/tcp/n/local /net/tcp/n/remote /net/tcp/n/status /net/tcp/n/listen ... DESCRIPTION
The IP device provides the interface for several protocols that run over IP on an Ethernet. TCP and UDP provide the standard Internet pro- tocols for reliable stream and unreliable datagram communication. IL provides a reliable datagram service for communication between Plan 9 machines. IL is the protocol of choice for most Plan 9 services. Each of the protocols is served by the IP device, which represents each connection by a set of device files. The top level directory of each protocol contains a clone file and subdirectories numbered from zero to the number of connections configured for this protocol. Opening the clone file reserves a connection. The file descriptor returned from the open(2) will point to the control file, ctl, of the newly allocated connection. Reading the ctl file returns a text string representing the number of the connection. Connections may be used either to listen for incoming calls or to initiate calls to other machines. A connection is controlled by writing text strings to the associated ctl file. After a connection has been established data may be read from and written to the data file. For the datagram services, IL and UDP, a read of less than the length of a datagram will cause the entire datagram to be consumed. Each write to the data file will send a single datagram on the network. The TCP protocol provides a stream connection that does not preserve read/write boundaries. Prior to sending data, remote and local addresses must be set for the connection. For outgoing calls the local port number will be allo- cated randomly if none is set. Addresses are set by writing control messages to the ctl file of the connection. The connection is not established until the data file is opened. For IL and TCP the process will block until the remote host has acknowledged the connection. UDP opens always succeed. The following control messages are supported: connect ipaddress!port[!r] Set the remote IP address and port number for the connection. If the r flag is supplied and no local address has been specified the system will allocate a restricted port number (less than 1024) for the connection to allow communication with Unix machines' login and exec services. disconnect (UDP only) Clear the remote address of a UDP connection. announce X X is a decimal port number or Set the local port number to X and accept calls to X. If X is accept calls for any port that no process has explicitly announced. The local IP address cannot be set. Announce fails if the connection is already announced or connnected. bind X X is a decimal port number or Set the local port number to X. This exists to support library emulation of BSD sockets and is not otherwise used. backlog n (IL and TCP only) Set the maximum number of pending requests for a given service to n. By default n is set to five. If more than n connections are pending, further requests for a service will be rejected. Port numbers must be in the range 1 to 32767. If a local port has not been announced prior to a connect a local port number will be allo- cated automatically. Local ports are allocated from 5000 up. Several files report the status of a connection. The remote and local files contain the IP address and port number for the remote and local side of the connection. The status file contains protocol-dependent information to help debug network connections. A process may accept incoming connections by calling open on the listen file. The open will block until a new connection request arrives. Then open will return an open file descriptor which points to the control file of the newly accepted connection. This procedure will accept all calls for the given protocol. SEE ALSO
listen(8), dial(2), ndb(6) SOURCE
/sys/src/9/port/devip.c /sys/src/9/port/stil.c /sys/src/9/port/stip.c /sys/src/9/port/tcp*.c IP(3)