Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use sqlplus statement inside case sentence Post 302774129 by RudiC on Friday 1st of March 2013 08:12:15 AM
Old 03-01-2013
Pls be aware that the indenting chars need to be <TAB>s in the first case! cf. man bash.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ask for a sentence and then count number of spaces in the sentence

Hi People, I need some Help to write a unix script that asks for a sentence to be typed out then with the sentence. Counts the number of spaces within the sentence and then echo's out "The Number Of Spaces In The Sentence is 4" as a example Thanks Danielle (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie101208
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple lines inside a case statement

echo "please enter ur choice.. 1. Make a file. 2. Display contents 3. Copy the file 4. Rename the file 5. Delete the file 6. Exit" read choice case $choice in 1 ) echo enter the file name read fname if then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression inside case statement notworking

I have the following script: For catching errors like: But the regular expression ERROR*memory inside case doesn't seem to be working. The output of bash -x scriptname is: Please help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use sqlplus command inside for loop

I tried this: for region in 'raj' 'kt' 'kol' 'krl' 'chn' 'dl' 'hr' 'bih' 'ap' do sqlplus -s huw$region/`echo $region`huw#321@huw$region<<! set serveroutput on begin select count(*) from tcd_preferred_cust_201109 end; / exit; done but the error shows like: Syntax error at line 4 :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakprasad29@
1 Replies

5. Programming

SQLPlus Case statement on a substring

Hi, I have an SQL query that returns a substring of a field and I want to work a case statement on it, but either I get a syntax error or in it's current manifestation the case is ignored all together. select distinct dbms_lob.substr(msg_body,1,4) as networkId, A_STATUS, count(*) from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris01010
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting sqlplus from UNIX with multiple select statement

hi, i have a requirement where i need to connect sqlplus from unix and i am able to do so by following command: cust_count=`sqlplus -s $ORACLE_USER/$ORACLE_PASS@$ORACLE_SID << EOF set pagesize 0 set feedback off set verify off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with nested if within an sqlplus task inside

Hi ALL, I am receving a "strange" error using a nested if within an sql operation inside: ./dom.ksh: syntax error at line 80 : `then' unmatched This is all my script code: in bold the step receiving the error. Any help would really aprrecieted ......! **** I have tried all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndreaCecco
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus inside shell script writing to tmp file

Hi, facing an issue while calling sqlplus inside shell script. It for some reason goes to tmp file to write something and i get error as permission denied as i dont have access there. ANy idea why sqlplus writes in /tmp and how to change or stop this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushikeshs
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS command with more than 1 select statement

Hi all, I'm using below code processId=`sqlplus -s ${sysuser}/${syspwd} <<CHK_PROCESS whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode; set head off feedback off echo off pages 0 SELECT PROCESS_ID FROM LSHADMIN.DATA_DOMAIN WHERE DOMAIN_NAME = '${tabname}' ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
8 Replies
BASHBUG(1)						      General Commands Manual							BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--version] [--help] [email-address] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a shell script to help the user compose and mail bug reports concerning bash in a standard format. bashbug invokes the editor specified by the environment variable EDITOR on a temporary copy of the bug report format outline. The user must fill in the appropriate fields and exit the editor. bashbug then mails the completed report to bug-bash@gnu.org, or email-address. If the report cannot be mailed, it is saved in the file dead.bashbug in the invoking user's home directory. The bug report format outline consists of several sections. The first section provides information about the machine, operating system, the bash version, and the compilation environment. The second section should be filled in with a description of the bug. The third sec- tion should be a description of how to reproduce the bug. The optional fourth section is for a proposed fix. Fixes are encouraged. ENVIRONMENT
bashbug will utilize the following environment variables if they exist: EDITOR Specifies the preferred editor. If EDITOR is not set, bashbug defaults to emacs. HOME Directory in which the failed bug report is saved if the mail fails. TMPDIR Directory in which to create temporary files and directories. SEE ALSO
bash(1) AUTHORS
Brian Fox, Free Software Foundation bfox@gnu.org Chet Ramey, Case Western Reserve University chet@po.cwru.edu GNU Bash-4.0 1998 July 30 BASHBUG(1)