Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing external variable to awk Post 302774081 by jpkumar10 on Friday 1st of March 2013 06:32:46 AM
Old 03-01-2013
Thanks scrutinizer. I got the output. I am using Solaris 10.
I was wondering if you could help me if statement. as mention in the code. I want to check if the entered values is numeric and it should be 4 digit. is there any way to check if the entered values are digits for frame and the entered values are hexa decimal for lun_ids and numeric for meta_way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help (external variable)

i need help with an awk question. i am looking to have an external variable be defined outside of awk but used in awk. so if we have fields $1, $2, $3 so on and so forth, i would like to be able to dictate what field is being printed by something like $. so if i had a counter called test, make it 3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement in awk with external variable

So I have a if statement inside an awk to check if $2 of a awk equals a specific IP but the test fails. So here is what I have. # !/bin/sh echo "Enter client ID" read ID echo "Enter month (01, 02, 03)" read month echo "Enter day (03, 15)" read day echo "Enter Year (07, 08)" read... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: doublejz
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert external variable in a AWK pattern

Dear all, ¿How can i insert a variable in a AWK pattern? I have almost succeeded in solving a puzzle with AWK but now i want to make a script. Let me explain. cat file.txt | awk 'BEGIN {RS="\\n\\n"} /tux/ { print "\n"$0 }' I know that this command makes right what i want to do, but mi... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: antuan
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

using an awk internal variable as parameter for an external array

Hello, I am running a bash script under linux which first defines an CA-array like j=0 num1=120.00 num2=10.00 until do CA='echo $num1 + $j*$num2' j=$ done within the later awk section of this same script I want to read data from a file. If the value of the second column is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MotAah
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[awk] - how to insert an external variable

I want to incorporate the variable in the for statement as a column of my processed file. In the INCORRECT example below, it is $i which corresponds to the i in my for loop: for i in x86_64 i686; do awk '{ print $1" "$4" "$5" "$i }'awk $file-$i > processed-$i.log doneThanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: graysky
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with awk external variable

I'm trying to get the universities result data into different file, where the $9 contains unversity field and field7,4 & 5 contains the keys to sort the students by marks. How to use uni variable to match against $9 inside awk? c=0 for uni in `cat /tmp/global_rank| awk -F ',' '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing file extension using external variable

Hi, How can I modify the FILETYPE command ? I want to provide the file extension, like txt, root .? Thanks, #!/bin/bash FROM=$1 TO=$2 FILETYPE=$3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk programming -Passing variable to awk for loop

Hi All, I am new to AWK programming. I have the following for loop in my awk program. cat printhtml.awk: BEGIN -------- <some code here> END{ ----------<some code here> for(N=0; N<H; N++) { for(M=5; M<D; M++) print "\t" D ""; } ----- } ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - saving results of external script to variable.

So, I've been playing with speeding up some analysis we do by using multiple threads of awk (actually, mawk, but code-compatible as far as I use it) on multiple CPU cores. So, I have a big data file and I have several copies of exactly the same processor script, written in mawk. I also have a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
8 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)