Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How do I replace a "good" RAID 1+0 disk? Post 302774049 by MadeInGermany on Friday 1st of March 2013 05:24:47 AM
Old 03-01-2013
Good point - the meta device driver must know that the disk has failed.
The safest method is to simply pull out the physical disk,
and read from that metadevice until metastat shows that the device has failed.
Then insert the new physical disk, and run
Code:
metareplace -e mirror device

in your case
Code:
metareplace -e d90 c4t8d0s0

---------- Post updated at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:22 AM ----------

Please first check with
Code:
metadb

If the failed device has got a metadb, it must be recreated before a metareplace.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Help:"Bad checksum in disk label" and "Can't open disk label package"?

Hello, I'm brand new to Sun/Solaris. I have a Sun Blade 150, with SunOS 5.8. I wanted to make a backup to prevent future data loss, so I put the disk in a normal PC with Windows XP to try to make a backup with Norton Ghost, the disk was detected, but not the file volume, so I place the disk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Resadija
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace "®" "™" "with Spaces in UNIX

do U know how to replace the registered trademark "®" symbol or trade Mark "™" "with Spaces in UNIX (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MMeari
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace "," with "." only in specific columns of a file?

Hi all, I have this text file containing 9 columns separated by space. The 8th columns contains the numbers. C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 C6 C7 C8 C9 er rt yt gh iu nk il 0.07 xs yt lr ty bg iu zk nh 0,0005 lt ...etc. I want to replace the comma with full stop only in 8th coloumn. the output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unilearn
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Checking RAID health, metastat returns "no database"

Hello, I am supposed to check the RAID health of a system but when I type metastat it says "there are no existing databases" Does this mean that there is no RAID configured at all? Is there any other utility I should try? I know the system has two disks. Tanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cevspencer
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
metaroot(1M)															      metaroot(1M)

NAME
metaroot - setup system files for root (/) metadevice SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaroot -h /usr/sbin/metaroot [-n] [-k system-name] [-v vfstab-name] [-c mddb.cf-name] [-m md.conf-name] [-R root-path] device The metaroot command edits the /etc/vfstab and /etc/system files so that the system may be booted with the root file system (/) on an appropriate metadevice. The only metadevices that support the root file system are a stripe with only a single slice or a mirror on a sin- gle-slice stripe. If necessary, the metaroot command can reset a system that has been configured to boot the root file system (/) on a metadevice so that it uses a physical slice. Root privileges are required for all of the following options except -h. The following options are supported: -c mddb.cf-name Use mddb.cf-name instead of the default /etc/lvm/mddb.cf file as a source of metadevice database locations. -h Display a usage message. -k system-name Edit a user-supplied system-name instead of the default /etc/system system configuration information file. -m md.conf-name Edit the configuration file specified by md.conf-name rather than the default, /kernel/drv/md.conf. -n Print what would be done without actually doing it. -R root-path When metaroot modifies system files, it accesses them in their relative location under root-path. The -R option cannot be used in combination with the -c, -k,-m, or -v options. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -v vfstab-name Edit vfstab-name instead of the default /etc/vfstab table of file system defaults. The following operands are supported: device Specifies either the metadevice or the conventional disk device (slice) used for the root file system (/). Example 1: Specifying Root File System on Metadevice The following command edits /etc/system and /etc/vfstab to specify that the root file system is now on metadevice d0. # metaroot d0 Example 2: Specifying Root File System on SCSI Disk The following command edits /etc/system and /etc/vfstab to specify that the root file system is now on the SCSI disk device /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0. # metaroot /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0 /etc/system System configuration information file. See system(4). /etc/vfstab File system defaults. /etc/lvm/mddb.cf Metadevice state database locations. /kernel/drv/md.conf Configuration file for the metadevice driver, md. The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) 6 Apr 2005 metaroot(1M)