Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine Post 302774041 by Venkatesh1 on Friday 1st of March 2013 05:07:32 AM
Old 03-01-2013
FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh
Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script .
When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it .
My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its possible to transfer zero size files through script ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[FTP]opying of file from remote to local machine

Hi All, i wannna copy a file from the remote machine to my local machine using FTP protocol. i have made a connection to the remote machine , then i used the "get" cmd to copy the remote file as below :-> ftp> get (remote-file) /home/aruba/opmtools/was50/Was5Install.doc (local-file)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonbag_pspl
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check web server running on local and on remote machine

Hi , How to check whether web server is running from remote machine How to check whether web server is running on web server itself Can any one help me soon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define local variable on remote machine ?

Hello, I'm executing many commands using ssh and I want to define local vars on remote machine to ease my work: ssh remote1 <<-heredoc1 cmd1 cmd2 ... heredoc1 This one obviously defines variable on local machine: ssh remote1 "x=10" This one returns: ssh remote1 "'x=10'" bash: x=10:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using local variable on a remote machine

Hi, I'm writing a korn shell script where the user enters a variable and I have to create a directory remotely which contains the name of that variable. Example. print 'Please enter variable:' read variable ssh user@host 'mkdir before_$variable;' Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jangozo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfering files from one to another machine in different directories

I have to write script in which I have to copy files from different directories on machine A and put them in corresponding directories in machine B. Here machine A remains same per project and machine B keeps on changing. Is there any way through which I can do this using single remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhurjajoo
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

iptables applied in local machine, can't ssh remote machine after chain changed to DROP

I want to SSH to 192.168.1.15 Server from my machine, my ip was 192.168.1.99 Source Destination was UP, with IP 192.168.1.15. This is LAN Network there are 30 Machine's Connected to the network and working fine, I'm Playing around the local machine's because I need to apply the same rules in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with fetching the data from remote machine from my jumpbox(local machine)

Team, Presently i am running a script from my local box(i.e jumpbox) to all the remote machines.Basically fetching basic queries like pwd,mkdir,touch etc and i am able to successfully fetch it from my local machine.But when i want to check certain database related queries like the dbstat... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute local script on remote machine and include arguments?

I have a script in local server cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir ./processchk po (here processchk is a script & po is passed as an argument) Now I want to execute this script from remote server ssh $username@$hostname "cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir; ./processchk po" But Its getting error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
9 Replies
transfer::data::source(n)				     Data transfer facilities					 transfer::data::source(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
transfer::data::source - Data source SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require snit ?1.0? package require transfer::copy ?0.1? package require transfer::data::source ?0.1? transfer::data::source object ?options...? object destroy object type object data object size object valid msgvar object transmit channel blocksize done _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides objects mainly describing the origin of some data to transfer. They are also able to initiate transfers of the described information to a channel using the foundation package transfer::copy. API
transfer::data::source object ?options...? This command creates and configures a new source object. The fully qualified name of the object command is returned as the result of the command. The recognized options are listed below. It should be noted that the first four options are semi-exclusive, each specifying a dif- ferent type of data source and associated content. If these options are specified more than once then the last option specified is used to actually configure the object. -string text This option specifies that the source of the data is an immediate string, and its associated argument contains the string in question. -channel handle This option specifies that the source of the data is a channel, and its associated argument is the handle of the channel con- taining the data. -file path This option specifies that the source of the data is a file, and its associated argument is the path of the file containing the data. -variable varname This option specifies that the source of the data is a string stored in a variable, and its associated argument contains the name of the variable in question. The variable is assumed to be global or namespaced, anchored at the global namespace. -size int This option specifies the size of the data transfer. It is optional and defaults to -1. This value, and any other value less than zero signals to transfer all the data from the source. object destroy This method destroys the object. Doing so while a transfer initiated by the object is active is safe as all data required for the transfer itself was copied, and the completion of the transfer will not try to access the initiating object anymore. i.e. the trans- fer is completely separate from the source object itself. object type This method returns a string describing the type of the data the object is refering to. The possible values and their meanings are: undefined No data was specified at all, or it was specified incompletely. The object does not know the type. string The data to transfer is contained in a string. channel The data to transfer is contained in a channel. object data This method returns a value depending on the type of the data the object refers to, through which the data can be accessed. The method throws an error if the type is undefined. For type string the returned result is the data itself, whereas for type channel the returned result is the handle of the channel containing the data. object size This method returns a value depending on the type of the data the object refers to, the size of the data. The method throws an error if the type is undefined. Return of a negative value signals that the object is unable to determine an absolute size upfront (like for data in a channel). object valid msgvar This method checks the configuration of the object for validity. It returns a boolean flag as result, whose value is True if the object is valid, and False otherwise. In the latter case the variable whose name is stored in msgvar is set to an error message describing the problem found with the configuration. Otherwise this variable is not touched. object transmit channel blocksize done This method initiates a transfer of the referenced data to the specified channel. When the transfer completes the command prefix done is invoked, per the rules for the option -command of command transfer::copy::do in the package transfer::copy. The blocksize specifies the size of the chunks to transfer in one go. See the option -blocksize of command transfer::copy::do in the package transfer::copy. KEYWORDS
channel, copy, data source, transfer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> transfer 0.1 transfer::data::source(n)