Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat FTP issue Post 302774021 by mastansaheb on Friday 1st of March 2013 04:26:23 AM
Old 03-01-2013
FTP issue

Hi everybody,

I would like to findout a directory or a file which is located at ftp server by connecting with ftp <ip> by using any other linux utility. I tried with find and locate commands in this manner but didnt work. Please help me.

Regards,
Mastan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Issue, Help please

folks; when i manually run this script below, it works fine, but when i run it using a scheduler like "autosys" it doesn't work & i get this error: ftp: connect: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation The script: ftp -n XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX <<- eof User Pswd cd xxx/xxxx/xxx... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP issue

I have tried to ftp from unix to local window machine. I have taken this piece of code from forum and tried ... #!/bin/ksh #Usage example: ftpscript sanjit.txt C:/citi/readme.txt localFile=$1 remoteFile=$2 ftplog=loglog.log echo "$(date "+%H:%M:%S") - Attempt to FTP $1 to $2" > $ftplog #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u263066
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp issue

I was changing a bit of the existing script and didnt comment the ftp part in it. So, the ftp step executed, but there was no input file. I got the message like this netout: write returned 0? 250 Transfer completed successfully. What does this mean?. Has the ftp replaced the existing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnat
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

FTP issue

Hello all, FTP times out when I transfer large files. Small files get transffered fine. small files -------- -bash-3.1$ ftp -i cldevoradb01 Connected to cldevoradb01.enterprisenet.org. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.5) 530 Please login with USER and PASS. 530 Please login with USER and PASS.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp issue

Hi again, I'm using the following shell script via cron to upload the daily log files from my shell to the web server so we can view them online. But somehow logs get corrupted and i don't know what's issue. I would really appreciate for your help please. Shell Script: ftp.sh #!/bin/sh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user`
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

FTP issue

Hi, I have installed RHEL 5 on Vmware. I have configured a simple FTP. I am able to transfer and receive files from the vmware-RHEL to my desktop on which vmware is installed and vice-versa. But when i try from other machine in the network it fails. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp issue

Hi we are facing an issue on our server our job connects to a target server and pulls the file from a location .But it is taking too much time to do this . Hwne i manully do the ftp it finished in few seconds .but when the jobs is pulling it is taking 30 to 40 min . please see the log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Issue with FTP?

HI Guys, Issue:: While doing bye command on ftp, it just hings as below untill you try Ctrl+C 891 bytes received in 0.0017 seconds (526.16 Kbytes/s) ftp> bye 221-You have transferred 0 bytes in 0 files. I too have tried with other commands like, close, disconnect etc but no luck. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atp3530
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp issue

I have logged into ftp and unable to enter into the below directory. can anyone help me out to enter into the below directory. ftp> dir 200 Command PORT okay. 150 File status okay; about to open data connection. drwx------ 0 0 Dec 15 06:39 BANK ISI-Bas ftp> cd BANK... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp issue

In the automated process. due to space in between banking and critical, the below command is not working in the automated process. Can anyone help it out. If I am putting cd banking critical-Bas" and file get ftp'ed. but not through the below line ftp -m "ftp.com" -d "banking critical-Bas" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
4 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)