Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Merging two files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging two files Post 302774003 by summer_cherry on Friday 1st of March 2013 03:56:27 AM
Old 03-01-2013
awk, perl, python

awk
Code:
gawk -F"[|]" '{
if(NR==FNR){
  _[$1]=sprintf("%s,%s",_[$1],$2)
}
else{
  tmp=_[$1]
  n=split(tmp,arr,",")
  for(i=2;i<=n;i++){
    print $0"|"arr[i]
}
}
}
' b a

perl
Code:
open my $fh1,"<a.txt" or die "can not open a.txt";
open my $fh2,"<b.txt" or die "can not open b.txt";
my %hash;
while(<$fh2>){
	chomp;
	my @tmp = split("[|]",$_);
	push @{$hash{$tmp[0]}}, $tmp[1];
}
close $fh2;
while(<$fh1>){
	chomp;
	my @tmp = split("[|]", $_);
	my @tmp = @{$hash{$tmp[0]}};
	for(my $i=0;$i<=$#tmp;$i++){
		print $_,"|",$tmp[$i],"\n";
	}
}
close $fh1;

python
Code:
dict={}
with open("b.txt","r") as f1:
 for line in f1:
  s=line.replace("\n","")
  items=s.split("|")
  if items[0] in dict:
   dict[items[0]].append(items[1])
  else:
   dict[items[0]]=[items[1]]
with open("a.txt","r") as f2:
 for line in f2:
  s=line.replace("\n","")
  items=s.split("|")
  for i in dict[items[0]]:
   print(s,"|",i,sep="")

This User Gave Thanks to summer_cherry For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging files

Thanks in advance I have 2 files having key field in each.I would like to join both on common key.I have used join but not sucessful. The files are attached here . what i Want in the output is on the key field SLS OFFR . I have used join commd but not successful. File one ======= SNO ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 files

Hi, I have got two files 1.txt 1111|apple| 2222|orange| 2.txt 1111|1234|000000000004356| 1111|1234|000000001111| 1111|1234|002000011112| 2222|5678|000000002222| 2222|9102|000000002222| I need to merge these two so that my out put looks like below: Search code being used should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merging files

i would like to merge two files that have the same format but have different data. i would like to create one output file that contains information from both the original files.:rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe black
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two files

Hi everyone, I have two files which will be exactly same at first. After sometime there will be inserts in one file. My problem is how to reflect these changes in second file also. I found out that any compare and merge utility would do the job like, GNU " sdiff " command. But the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshonline
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging of files.

Hi, I want to merge the two files on the basis of columns like... file 1 Data Key A 12 B 13 file2 Data Value A A1 A A2 B B1 B B2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging two files

Hi, I have two files a.txt and b.txt. a.txt 1 2 3 4 b.txt a b c d e I want to generate a file c.txt by merging these two file and the resultant file would contain c.txt 1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files

I have two files file 1 containing x rows and 1 column file 2 containing x rows and 1 column I want to merge both the files and add a comma between the two eg plz guide (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: test_user
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files with same name

Hello all, I have limited experience in shell scripting. Here goes my question: I have two directories that have same number of files with same file names i.e. consider 2 directories A and B. Both directories have files 1.txt, 2.txt...... I need to merge the file 1.txt of A with file 1.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merging 2 files into 1

::::::::: ::FileA:: ::::::::: A1-------A2--------A3---A4---A5-- ================================= AC5VXVLT-XX---------------------- B57E434--XXXX1-----MMMM-ZZZ--111- C325G20--XXXXX3----CCCC------3332 DC35S51--XXXXY1----DDDD------44X- DC35S52--XXXXY2----DDDD------44Y-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordsmiter
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files

Guys, I am having little problem with getting a daily report! The daily process that I do is as follows 1. Unload Header for the report from the systables to one unl file, say Header.unl 2. Unload the data from the required table/tables to another unl file, say Data.unl 3. Send a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
2 Replies
rmvb(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						  rmvb(9F)

NAME
rmvb - remove a message block from a message SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> mblk_t *rmvb(mblk_t *mp, mblk_t *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
mp Message from which a block is to be removed. mblk_t is an instance of the msgb(9S) structure. bp Message block to be removed. DESCRIPTION
The rmvb() function removes a message block (bp) from a message (mp), and returns a pointer to the altered message. The message block is not freed, merely removed from the message. It is the module or driver's responsibility to free the message block. RETURN VALUES
If successful, a pointer to the message (minus the removed block) is returned. The pointer is NULL if bp was the only block of the message before rmvb() was called. If the designated message block (bp) does not exist, -1 is returned. CONTEXT
The rmvb() function can be called from user, interrupt, or kernel context. EXAMPLES
This routine removes all zero-length M_DATA message blocks from the given message. For each message block in the message, save the next message block (line 10). If the current message block is of type M_DATA and has no data in its buffer (line 11), then remove it from the message (line 12) and free it (line 13). In either case, continue with the next message block in the message (line 16). 1 void 2 xxclean(mp) 3 mblk_t *mp; 4 { 5 mblk_t *tmp; 6 mblk_t *nmp; 7 8 tmp = mp; 9 while (tmp) { 10 nmp = tmp->b_cont; 11 if ((tmp->b_datap->db_type == M_DATA) && (tmp->b_rptr == tmp->b_wptr)) { 12 (void) rmvb(mp, tmp); 13 freeb(tmp); 14 } 15 tmp = nmp; 16 } 17 } SEE ALSO
freeb(9F), msgb(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 rmvb(9F)