Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Merging two files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging two files Post 302773531 by saj on Thursday 28th of February 2013 07:05:38 AM
Old 02-28-2013
Merging two files

Hi All ,

I have a scenario where we need to combine two files .
Below are the sample files and expected output ,

File 1:
Code:
1|ab
1|ac
1|ae
2|ad
2|ac

File 2:
Code:
1|xy
1|fc
2|gh
2|ku

Output file :
Code:
1|ab|xy
1|ab|fc
1|ac|xy
1|ac|fc
1|ae|xy
1|ae|fc
2|ad|gh
2|ad|ku
2|ac|gh
2|ac|ku

Please help us how this can be done in unix .

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, see PM.

Last edited by saj; 02-28-2013 at 08:21 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging files

Thanks in advance I have 2 files having key field in each.I would like to join both on common key.I have used join but not sucessful. The files are attached here . what i Want in the output is on the key field SLS OFFR . I have used join commd but not successful. File one ======= SNO ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging 2 files

Hi, I have got two files 1.txt 1111|apple| 2222|orange| 2.txt 1111|1234|000000000004356| 1111|1234|000000001111| 1111|1234|002000011112| 2222|5678|000000002222| 2222|9102|000000002222| I need to merge these two so that my out put looks like below: Search code being used should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merging files

i would like to merge two files that have the same format but have different data. i would like to create one output file that contains information from both the original files.:rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe black
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two files

Hi everyone, I have two files which will be exactly same at first. After sometime there will be inserts in one file. My problem is how to reflect these changes in second file also. I found out that any compare and merge utility would do the job like, GNU " sdiff " command. But the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshonline
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging of files.

Hi, I want to merge the two files on the basis of columns like... file 1 Data Key A 12 B 13 file2 Data Value A A1 A A2 B B1 B B2 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merging two files

Hi, I have two files a.txt and b.txt. a.txt 1 2 3 4 b.txt a b c d e I want to generate a file c.txt by merging these two file and the resultant file would contain c.txt 1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging files

I have two files file 1 containing x rows and 1 column file 2 containing x rows and 1 column I want to merge both the files and add a comma between the two eg plz guide (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: test_user
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files with same name

Hello all, I have limited experience in shell scripting. Here goes my question: I have two directories that have same number of files with same file names i.e. consider 2 directories A and B. Both directories have files 1.txt, 2.txt...... I need to merge the file 1.txt of A with file 1.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with merging 2 files into 1

::::::::: ::FileA:: ::::::::: A1-------A2--------A3---A4---A5-- ================================= AC5VXVLT-XX---------------------- B57E434--XXXX1-----MMMM-ZZZ--111- C325G20--XXXXX3----CCCC------3332 DC35S51--XXXXY1----DDDD------44X- DC35S52--XXXXY2----DDDD------44Y-... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordsmiter
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files

Guys, I am having little problem with getting a daily report! The daily process that I do is as follows 1. Unload Header for the report from the systables to one unl file, say Header.unl 2. Unload the data from the required table/tables to another unl file, say Data.unl 3. Send a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
2 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)