Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How to use read the char * from file? Post 302773479 by RudiC on Thursday 28th of February 2013 03:51:40 AM
Old 02-28-2013
Double posting not allowed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script to get last 10 char from a file name and write in to a new file

i have no idea abount shell script but i need need shell script to get last 10 char from a file name and write in to a new file. consider u hav 5 files in a particular dir i script should get last 10 char of each file n write the 10 char in separate files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj0390
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

3. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename file last char

I want to rename the file from below format to ABCDEFCGHF20090112345623.DAT to ABCDEFCGHF20090112345624.DAT the last digit before dot to increment to 1. if it 9 should become 0 How to do this in simple way? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
2 Replies

5. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

8. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File command return wrong filetype while file holds group separator char.

hi, I am trying to get the FileType using the File command. I have one file, which holds Group separator along with ASCII character. It's a Text file. But when I ran the File command the FileType is coming as "data". It should be "ASCII, Text file". Is the latest version of File... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arpitak29
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Substitute particular char in a file

I have a file like this. 1 aaa bcd 1 56 xyz 1 2 ccc rrr 1 25 512 1 1 zaz eee 1 55 511 1 I want to change middle 1's ie after bcd,rrr,eee to 0 where as other 1's should not change. Can you please provide a solution . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshari8888
5 Replies
LOCKTEST(1)							    Test Suite							       LOCKTEST(1)

NAME
locktest - Find differences in locking between two SMB servers SYNOPSIS
locktest {//server1/share1} {//server2/share2} [-U user%pass] [-U user%pass] [-s seed] [-o numops] [-a] [-O] [-E] [-Z] [-R range] [-B base] [-M min] DESCRIPTION
locktest is a utility for detecting differences in behaviour in locking between SMB servers. It will run a random set of locking operations against //server1/share1 and then the same random set against //server2/share2 and display the differences in the responses it gets. This utility is used by the Samba team to find differences in behaviour between Samba and Windows servers. OPTIONS
-U user%pass Specify the user and password to use when logging on on the shares. This parameter can be specified twice (once for the first server, once for the second). -s seed Seed the random number generator with the specified value. -o numops Set the number of operations to perform. -a Print the operations that are performed. -A Backtrack to find minimal number of operations required to make the response to a certain call differ. -O Enable oplocks. -u Hide unlock fails. -E enable exact error code checking -Z enable the zero/zero lock -R range set lock range -B base set lock base -M min set min lock length -k Use kerberos VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
Samba AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. locktest was written by Andrew Tridgell. This manpage was written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 LOCKTEST(1)