Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support How to use read the char * from file? Post 302773479 by RudiC on Thursday 28th of February 2013 03:51:40 AM
Old 02-28-2013
Double posting not allowed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script to get last 10 char from a file name and write in to a new file

i have no idea abount shell script but i need need shell script to get last 10 char from a file name and write in to a new file. consider u hav 5 files in a particular dir i script should get last 10 char of each file n write the 10 char in separate files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj0390
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

3. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename file last char

I want to rename the file from below format to ABCDEFCGHF20090112345623.DAT to ABCDEFCGHF20090112345624.DAT the last digit before dot to increment to 1. if it 9 should become 0 How to do this in simple way? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
2 Replies

5. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

8. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File command return wrong filetype while file holds group separator char.

hi, I am trying to get the FileType using the File command. I have one file, which holds Group separator along with ASCII character. It's a Text file. But when I ran the File command the FileType is coming as "data". It should be "ASCII, Text file". Is the latest version of File... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arpitak29
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Substitute particular char in a file

I have a file like this. 1 aaa bcd 1 56 xyz 1 2 ccc rrr 1 25 512 1 1 zaz eee 1 55 511 1 I want to change middle 1's ie after bcd,rrr,eee to 0 where as other 1's should not change. Can you please provide a solution . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshari8888
5 Replies
PPI::Token::Quote::Double(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      PPI::Token::Quote::Double(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Quote::Double - A standard "double quote" token INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Quote::Double isa PPI::Token::Quote isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
A "PPI::Token::Quote::Double" object represents a double-quoted interpolating string. The string is treated as a single entity, PPI will not try to understand what is in the string during the parsing process. METHODS
There are several methods available for "PPI::Token::Quote::Double", beyond those provided by the parent PPI::Token::Quote, PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. Got any ideas for methods? Submit a report to rt.cpan.org! interpolations The interpolations method checks to see if the double quote actually contains any interpolated variables. Returns true if the string contains interpolations, or false if not. simplify For various reasons, some people find themselves compelled to have their code in the simplest form possible. The "simply" method will turn a simple double-quoted string into the equivalent single-quoted string. If the double can be simplified, it will be modified in place and returned as a convenience, or returns false if the string cannot be simplified. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2011-02-26 PPI::Token::Quote::Double(3)