Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell_scripts_xml_file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell_scripts_xml_file Post 302773471 by p.j.satyaveni on Thursday 28th of February 2013 03:09:44 AM
Old 02-28-2013
Shell_scripts_xml_file

Hi develope one shell in that i use sql query.
i want to display that query output in .xmlfile
after running the script output file is generated but it doesnt diplays data and throws an error.following is the output of the .xml file
Code:
XMLELEMENT("ALL",XMLAGG(XMLELEMENT("DATABASE_OBJECTS",XMLFOREST(OWNER,OBJECT_TYP
<All><DATABASE_OBJECTS><OWNER>APPS</OWNER><OBJECT_TYPE>FUNCTION</OBJECT_TYPE><
OB

if i use otherathan .xml file (like csv etc) i got the result, but for only .xml file i didnt got the data.
and the query inside script is
Code:
select 
xmlelement("All", 
xmlagg(
XMLELEMENT ("DATABASE_OBJECTS",
XMLFOREST (owner,
object_type,
object_name,
object_user_name,
physical_name
))
)
).getClobVal()
FROM xxhex_custom_objects;

this query is working fine but in shell script only it is not generated any output.
Please help me to solve this issue.

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-28-2013 at 05:39 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)							 1							 MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)

mysql_db_query - Selects a database and executes a query on it

SYNOPSIS
Warning This function was deprecated in PHP 5.3.0, and will be removed in the future, along with the entirety of the original MySQL exten- sion. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_select_db(3) then the query o PDO::__construct resource mysql_db_query (string $database, string $query, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_db_query(3) selects a database, and executes a query on it. o $database - The name of the database that will be selected. o $query - The MySQL query. Data inside the query should be properly escaped. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns a positive MySQL result resource to the query result, or FALSE on error. The function also returns TRUE/ FALSE for INSERT/ UPDATE/ DELETE queries to indicate success/failure. +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function now throws an E_DEPRECATED notice. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ Example #1 mysql_db_query(3) alternative example <?php if (!$link = mysql_connect('mysql_host', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password')) { echo 'Could not connect to mysql'; exit; } if (!mysql_select_db('mysql_dbname', $link)) { echo 'Could not select database'; exit; } $sql = 'SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE id = 42'; $result = mysql_query($sql, $link); if (!$result) { echo "DB Error, could not query the database "; echo 'MySQL Error: ' . mysql_error(); exit; } while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo $row['foo']; } mysql_free_result($result); ?> Note Be aware that this function does NOT switch back to the database you were connected before. In other words, you can't use this function to temporarily run a sql query on another database, you would have to manually switch back. Users are strongly encouraged to use the database.table syntax in their sql queries or mysql_select_db(3) instead of this function. mysql_query(3), mysql_select_db(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)