Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RIP configuration in RHEL 6.3 Post 302773025 by nixsavy on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 07:22:12 AM
Old 02-27-2013
you have quagga package installed ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

NTP Configuration on RHEL 5.4

Hi, I'm trying to configure NTP client, however it failes to sync correctly. Even after I manually set the time, once it connects with the NTP server, it pushes the time ahead by 4 hours. We have set an AIX host as NTP server. It works fine for other AIX hosts, however fails on RHEL 5.4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

RHEL 6.0 net configuration

hello, I have installed RHEL 6.0 on my lappy in a separate partion with windows 7 on the hardware(not using VMWARE).Now kindly help me to active network configuration in that?????Is it require to have LINUX wireless drivers???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dillipkmrpadhy
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Need Good Configuration For RHEL Virtualization Desktop

Hi All , I want a Good Specification For Building a Coustum PC must Have With Intel Motherboard and Intel Processor , And Must Have Virtualization , Cos im Gonna Install Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Based PC and Gonna install win Xp , Win 7 as a Guest Os in it .. Any one Have Good Spec for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5?

I wanted to know how to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5. I hope, my query is clear of how to setup DNS for RHEL 5. Please revert with the reply to my query Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 RIP-2 ??

We have had a security scan completed on our solaris 10 systems and several of them came back with "This host is running a RIP-2 agent. RIP-2 requests can be authenticated" How do i verify that it is using authentication? Or see if it is running RIP-2 at all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Snmptrapd configuration on rhel 8

I need to configure snmptrap on rhel 8 server and send trap to nimsoft for file system , memory and cpu load and network diconnection status. please help me, if any one configured. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yash_message
1 Replies
rtquery(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       rtquery(1M)

NAME
rtquery - query routing daemons for their routing tables SYNOPSIS
rtquery [-np1] [-w timeout] [-r addr] [-a secret] host... rtquery [-t operation] host... DESCRIPTION
The rtquery command is used to query a RIP network routing daemon, in.routed(1M) or GateD, for its routing table by sending a request or poll command. The routing information in any routing response packets returned is displayed numerically and symbolically. By default, rtquery uses the request command. When the -p option is specified, rtquery uses the poll command, an undocumented extension to the RIP protocol supported by GateD. When querying GateD, the poll command is preferred over the request command because the response is not subject to Split Horizon and/or Poisoned Reverse, and because some versions of GateD do not answer the request command. in.routed does not answer the poll command, but recognizes requests coming from rtquery and so answers completely. The rtquery command is also used to turn tracing on or off in in.routed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a passwd=XXX Causes the query to be sent with the indicated cleartext or MD5 password. -a md5_passwd=XXX|KeyID -n Displays only the numeric network and host addresses instead of both numeric and symbolic names. -p Uses the poll command to request full routing information from GateD. This is an undocumented extension RIP proto- col supported only by GateD. -r addr Asks about the route to destination addr. -t operation Changes tracing, where operation is one of the actions listed below. Requests from processes not running with UID 0 or on distant networks are generally ignored by the daemon except for a message in the system log. GateD is likely to ignore these debugging requests. on=tracefile Turns tracing on, directing tracing into the specified file. That file must have been specified when the daemon was started or have the name, /var/log/in.routed.trace. more Increases the debugging level. off Turns off tracing. dump Dumps the daemon's routing table to the current trace file. -w timeout Changes the delay for an answer from each host. By default, each host is given 15 seconds to respond. -1 Queries using RIP version 1 instead of RIP version 2. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWroute | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
in.routed(1M), route(1M), gateways(4), attributes(5), icmp(7P), inet(7P), udp(7P) Routing Information Protocol, RIPv1, RFC 1058 Routing Information Protocol, RIPv2, RFC 2453, STD 0056 SunOS 5.10 24 Apr 2002 rtquery(1M)