Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RIP configuration in RHEL 6.3 Post 302773025 by nixsavy on Wednesday 27th of February 2013 07:22:12 AM
Old 02-27-2013
you have quagga package installed ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

NTP Configuration on RHEL 5.4

Hi, I'm trying to configure NTP client, however it failes to sync correctly. Even after I manually set the time, once it connects with the NTP server, it pushes the time ahead by 4 hours. We have set an AIX host as NTP server. It works fine for other AIX hosts, however fails on RHEL 5.4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

RHEL 6.0 net configuration

hello, I have installed RHEL 6.0 on my lappy in a separate partion with windows 7 on the hardware(not using VMWARE).Now kindly help me to active network configuration in that?????Is it require to have LINUX wireless drivers???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dillipkmrpadhy
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Need Good Configuration For RHEL Virtualization Desktop

Hi All , I want a Good Specification For Building a Coustum PC must Have With Intel Motherboard and Intel Processor , And Must Have Virtualization , Cos im Gonna Install Redhat Enterprise Virtualization Based PC and Gonna install win Xp , Win 7 as a Guest Os in it .. Any one Have Good Spec for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5?

I wanted to know how to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5. I hope, my query is clear of how to setup DNS for RHEL 5. Please revert with the reply to my query Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 RIP-2 ??

We have had a security scan completed on our solaris 10 systems and several of them came back with "This host is running a RIP-2 agent. RIP-2 requests can be authenticated" How do i verify that it is using authentication? Or see if it is running RIP-2 at all. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Snmptrapd configuration on rhel 8

I need to configure snmptrap on rhel 8 server and send trap to nimsoft for file system , memory and cpu load and network diconnection status. please help me, if any one configured. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yash_message
1 Replies
quagga(8)						  System Administration Commands						 quagga(8)

NAME
quagga - advanced routing protocol suite from www.quagga.net SYNOPSIS
Quagga is an advanced routing software package that provides a suite of TCP/IP based routing protocols. Quagga supports protocols such as RIPv1, RIPv2, RIPng, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, BGP-4, and BGP-4+. This document is provided for informational pur- poses to help users configure quagga under Solaris specifically. Further documentation on quagga configuration in general is provided at http://www.quagga.net. DESCRIPTION
Quagga consists of the following packages: o SUNWquaggar - Quagga root files o SUNWquagga-daemons - Quagga daemons o SUNWquagga-libs - Quagga private shared libraries o SUNWquagga-dev - Quagga private shared library headers o SUNWquaggaS - Quagga sources More defailed Quagga documentation is available from http://www.quagga.net/docs, or in the GNU Info format Quagga documentation installed in /usr/sfw/share/info. The Quagga routing protocol suite replaces SUNWzebra, and detection of SUNWzebra configuration during boot will lead to automatic transfer of configuration to quagga. If manual upgrade (without reboot) is required, configuration files under /etc/sfw/zebra should be transferred to /etc/quagga, and "routeadm -u" should be run. This will enable the appropriate quagga services, and run the daemons if those services dependencies are met. In Solaris, quagga daemons are managed by the following smf(5) services: svc:/network/routing/zebra:quagga zebra routing manager daemon svc:/network/routing/rip:quagga RIPv2 routing daemon svc:/network/routing/ripng:quagga RIPng routing daemon svc:/network/routing/bgp:quagga BGP routing daemon svc:/network/routing/ospf:quagga OSPF routing daemon svc:/network/routing/ospf6:quagga OSPF6 routing daemon Quagga daemons can be configured either via the smf(5) framework, or via routeadm(1M), the global dynamic routing management utility. Note that quagga was built without the vtysh (unified vty shell) utility, as it depends on a package not currently distributed with Solaris. COMMANDS
By default, in.routed and in.ripngd, managed by the svc:/network/routing/route and svc:/network/routing/ripng services respectively, are configured as default IPv4/IPv6 routing services. To disable these, either utilize routeadm(1M) or svcadm(1M) as follows: # routeadm -d route # routeadm -d ripng:default disables in.routed and in.ripngd respectively using routeadm(1M). # svcadm disable route:default # svcadm disable ripng:default disables in.routed and in.ripngd respectively using smf(1). Note that these services must be disabled or their quagga counterparts (rip:quagga, ripng:quagga) will not run, since they services specify to the smf framework that they and their quagga counterparts cannot run simultaneously. To enable quagga services, again either routeadm(1M) or svcadm(1M) can be used. Note that quagga services, like in.routed and in.ripngd, specify dependencies on ipv4(6)-routing(forwarding) services, so as with all smf(1) services, ensure the appropriate dependencies are enabled or the services will not start. For example, # routeadm -e rip:quagga # routeadm -e ipv4-routing -u enables quagga's RIPv2 daemon (the -u option above is required, as global ip routing/forwarding settings are not applied to the system until next reboot unless the -u is issued). To do the same via smf(1), # svcadm enable -r rip:quagga The "-r" option recursively enables rip:quagga's dependencies, which include the ipv4-routing service. The status of all routing daemon services can be displayed via routeadm(1M), run without options, or, through smf(1), via the svcs(1) com- mand. Commandline arguments to the quagga daemons can be altered by modifying the routing/daemon-args property, again either via routeadm(1M) or svccfg(1M): # routeadm -m rip:quagga daemon-args="-s" or # svccfg -s rip:quagga setprop routing/daemon-args="-s" # svcadm refresh rip:quagga The "refresh" is required to ensure the daemon re-reads its configuration. DIAGNOSTICS
To see status of all routing services, run routeadm(1M) without options. SEE ALSO
ripngd(8), ospfd(8), ospf6d(8), bgpd(8), zebra(8), routeadm(1M), svcadm(1M), svcs(1), svccfg(1M), smf(5) AUTHORS
See <http://www.quagga.net>, or the Info file for an accurate list of authors. SunOS 5.11 01 Aug 2006 quagga(8)