Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Problem with files/dirs deletion Post 302772632 by pentago on Tuesday 26th of February 2013 09:11:46 AM
Old 02-26-2013
Well yeah, i was told that apache/php runs with my user as a security precaution.

Maybe i din't explained it very well, im not very skilled..
Anyway, from what i understood, such behavior is common practice on shell accounts where multi user environment is in place.

I can't switch to myusername-www, it gives me authentication failure

Code:
% su pentago-www
Password:
su: Authentication failure

Could you please elabore on how do i add myself to group with proper permissions?

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need to ls all files in 4-6 deep dirs

I need to print to file , a listing of all files below a certain directory. Example: I need to print to file a listing of all files below the etc dir (including the subdirectories) with their full path. Any ideas on how to do this with one command. Or is this something I need to do on all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gforty
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file deletion problem

I am using unix via telnet ssh and i have a problem I was testing the server. I made a directory. Transfered a file from an ftp to it. Opened the file with the vi text editor --This where my problem came..... I tried deleting the file using rm somefile.htm when is typed ls i noticed that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shdwsclan
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

fifo deletion problem..

I have unix sco server. I have created one application for client server communication. On this I have creted some fifos/pipes. The reader.123 fifo is used by one process for reading and writing. I haven't deleted that fifo. But ls or find command doesn't show it. It is giving error as file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogeshdimble
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script find files in two dirs HELP

I have a directory which is /home/mark/files/ , inside this particular I have a bunch of filles (see examples below) TST_SHU_00014460_20090302.txt TST_SHU_00016047_20090302.txt TST_SHU_00007838_20090303.txt TST_SHU_00056485_20090303.txt TST_SHU_00014460_20090303.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierusbentus
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find most recent files in dirs and tar them up?

Hey all.. This should be simple but stoopid here can't get head around it! I have many directories, say 100 each with many files inside. I need a script to traverse through the dirs, find most recent file in each dir and add it to a tar file. I can find the files with something like for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobdung
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have absolute path for files in different dirs

Hi everybody. I need a command to print the absolute path of files which name starts always with a pattern (MOD03), independently on where they are in the filesystem. I have tryedls -ld ${INPUTPREFIX}/*/*/* | grep MOD03 | awk '{ print $8 }'but I have to use "/*/*/*" in this case to have the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: canduc17
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort retrieved data files in different dirs

Hi, I have a script to retrieve data files from server and store them in a directory on local disk. The script runs everyday as cron job. But now those files are too many so my boss wants me to put the files into different directories base on dates. Those files look like this: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leafei
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help print dirs with files in it

Hi, I'm writing some start of day checks for my work. I want to check some dirs for files that have been created longer than 10 mins ago and not been transfered. I've already used a find command to write a list of files that meet this criteria to a log called sod.log i.e. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elcounto
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files into dirs corresponding to dates

I am trying to find a way to move files into corresponding date files. i=0 while read line do array="$line" (( i++ )) done < <(ls) cd $(echo ${array}) echo ${array}} pwd #cd "$(array}" ] || mkdir 2015 cd "2015" ] || mkdir 02-February ] || mkdir 03-March ] || mkdir... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string in files in all dir and sub dirs

Hello, I need to replace xml version='1.1' with xml version='1.0' in all xml files under /app/jenkins/ in all dir and sub dirs in my CentOS VM, I tried below command but it didn't help, looks like I'm missing a character somewhere. grep -rl "xml version='1.1'" . | xargs sed -i 's/"xml... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh Madpathi
2 Replies
dseditgroup(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    dseditgroup(8)

NAME
dseditgroup -- group record manipulation tool. SYNOPSIS
dseditgroup [options] [parameters] groupname options: -o operation perform (read, create, delete, edit, checkmember) operation with given groupname -p prompt for authentication password -q disables interactive verification -v verbose logging to stdout parameters: -m member username to use for checkmember option -n nodename directory node location of group record -u username authenticate with admin username -P password authentication password -a recordname name of the record to add -d recordname name of the record to delete -t recordtype type of the record to add or delete -T grouptype type of group to create or modify -L maintain ComputerLists in parallel with ComputerGroups -i gid gid to add/replace -g guid GUID to add/replace -S sid SID to add/replace -r realname realname to add/replace -k keyword keyword to add -c comment comment to add/replace -s timetolive seconds to live to add/replace -f n | l change the group's format - 'n' for the new group format and 'l' for the legacy group format DESCRIPTION
dseditgroup allows manipulation of a single named group record on either the default local node or the specified DirectoryService node. For the "read" operation the authentication search policy (/Search node) is consulted. Default behaviour is presented below after a discussion of each operation and the possible parameters. Options and their descriptions: -o operation If "read" then the parameters of the specified groupname will be displayed. This is the default option. The authentication search policy (/Search node) will be used. If "create" then create a group with the specified groupname on either the default local node or the specified DirectoryService node. If "delete" then delete a group with the specified groupname on either the default local node or the specified DirectoryService node. If "edit" then edit a group with the specified groupname on either the default local node or the specified DirectoryService node. If "checkmember" then check if the user specified with -m or current logged in user is a member of the specified groupname. The authentication search policy (/Search node) is used to find the member. The specified node (defaults to the authentication search policy) is used to find the group. If the specified node is not on the authentication search policy the behaviour is undefined. -p You will be prompted for a password to use in conjunction with the specified username. -q This disables interactive verification of replace or delete operations. -v This enables the logging of the DirectoryService API calls and their return codes. Parameters and their descriptions: -m member The username of the account to verify group membership when using -o checkmember -n nodename Directory Service node name such as /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com and whose default value is the local node. "." can also be used to specify the local node. -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -P password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for a password. -a recordname The name of the record to be added to the group specified by groupname. This name is related to the first record found on the authentication search policy when a search is made with this recordname and the given recordtype. -d recordname The name of the record to be deleted from the group specified by groupname. This name is related to the first record found on the authentication search policy when a search is made with this recordname and the given recordtype. -t recordtype The type of the record to be added to or deleted from the group specified by groupname. Valid values are user, computer, group, or computergroup. -T grouptype The type of the group record to be created or modified as specified by groupname. Valid values are group or computergroup. -L If used with computergroup will also maintain the computerlist if it exists or create it if a computergroup is created. -i gid This is a group id. This will be automatically created if not specified for a create. -g guid This is a text representation of an 128 bit id. This will be automatically created if not specified for a create. -r realname This is a simple text string. -k keyword This is a simple text string. -c comment This is a simple text string. -s timetolive The number of seconds that this record is deemed valid as a cached value. There will be no automatically created default value if not specified for a create. DEFAULT BEHAVIOUR
dseditgroup mygroup This simple version of the command will default to: dseditgroup -o read -n . -u $USER mygroup The output will be the parameters of the "mygroup" group record if the shell user has read access to the local node's group record of name "mygroup". EXAMPLES
dseditgroup extragroup dseditgroup -o read extragroup The attributes of the group extragroup from the local node are displayed. dseditgroup -o create -n /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com -u myusername -P mypassword -r "Extra Group" -c "a nice comment" -s 3600 -k "some keyword" extragroup The group extragroup is created from the node /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com with the realname, comment, timetolive (instead of default of 14400 = 4 hours), and keyword atttribute values given above if the user myusername has supplied a correct password and has write access. dseditgroup -o delete -n /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com -u myusername -P mypassword extragroup The group extragroup is deleted from the node /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com if the user myusername has supplied a correct password and has write access. dseditgroup -o edit -n /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com -u myusername -p -a username -t user extragroup The group extragroup from the node /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com will have the username added if the username is in a user record on the search policy and if the correct password is presented interactively for the user myusername which also need to have write access. dseditgroup -o edit -n /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com -u myusername -P -a mysubgroup -t group extragroup The group extragroup from the node /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com will have the mysubgroup added if the mysubgroup is in a group record on the search policy and if the user myusername has supplied a correct password and has write access. dseditgroup -o edit -n /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com -u myusername -p -d username -t user extragroup The group extragroup from the node /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com will have the username deleted if the correct password is presented interactively for the user myusername which also need to have write access. dseditgroup -o checkmember extragroup Will write out a message specifying if the current user is a member of extragroup on the authentication search policy. dseditgroup -o checkmember -n . extragroup Will write out a message specifying if the current user is a member of extragroup on the local node. dseditgroup -n /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com -o checkmember -m user extragroup Will write out a message specifying if user (found in /Search) is a member of extragroup on the specified node /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com. The specified node /LDAPv3/ldap.company.com needs to be on the authentication search policy for a valid answer. Mac OS March 01 2004 Mac OS