Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Problem with files/dirs deletion Post 302772559 by pentago on Tuesday 26th of February 2013 05:05:52 AM
Old 02-26-2013
Question Problem with files/dirs deletion

Hi,

The other day i installed a PHP based CMS (modx) on my shell account and noticed that i couldn't delete any of files/dirs it created after.

Also, i noticed that all that stuff is owned by username-www instead of username.

I tried chown, chmod and using a PHP script to do the same wti those files but to no avail. All i get is:
rm: cannot remove `somedir': Permission denied

Environment is somewhat restrictive so i don't have access to root.

Could someone land a helping hand?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need to ls all files in 4-6 deep dirs

I need to print to file , a listing of all files below a certain directory. Example: I need to print to file a listing of all files below the etc dir (including the subdirectories) with their full path. Any ideas on how to do this with one command. Or is this something I need to do on all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gforty
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file deletion problem

I am using unix via telnet ssh and i have a problem I was testing the server. I made a directory. Transfered a file from an ftp to it. Opened the file with the vi text editor --This where my problem came..... I tried deleting the file using rm somefile.htm when is typed ls i noticed that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shdwsclan
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

fifo deletion problem..

I have unix sco server. I have created one application for client server communication. On this I have creted some fifos/pipes. The reader.123 fifo is used by one process for reading and writing. I haven't deleted that fifo. But ls or find command doesn't show it. It is giving error as file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogeshdimble
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script find files in two dirs HELP

I have a directory which is /home/mark/files/ , inside this particular I have a bunch of filles (see examples below) TST_SHU_00014460_20090302.txt TST_SHU_00016047_20090302.txt TST_SHU_00007838_20090303.txt TST_SHU_00056485_20090303.txt TST_SHU_00014460_20090303.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierusbentus
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find most recent files in dirs and tar them up?

Hey all.. This should be simple but stoopid here can't get head around it! I have many directories, say 100 each with many files inside. I need a script to traverse through the dirs, find most recent file in each dir and add it to a tar file. I can find the files with something like for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobdung
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have absolute path for files in different dirs

Hi everybody. I need a command to print the absolute path of files which name starts always with a pattern (MOD03), independently on where they are in the filesystem. I have tryedls -ld ${INPUTPREFIX}/*/*/* | grep MOD03 | awk '{ print $8 }'but I have to use "/*/*/*" in this case to have the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: canduc17
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort retrieved data files in different dirs

Hi, I have a script to retrieve data files from server and store them in a directory on local disk. The script runs everyday as cron job. But now those files are too many so my boss wants me to put the files into different directories base on dates. Those files look like this: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leafei
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK help print dirs with files in it

Hi, I'm writing some start of day checks for my work. I want to check some dirs for files that have been created longer than 10 mins ago and not been transfered. I've already used a find command to write a list of files that meet this criteria to a log called sod.log i.e. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elcounto
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files into dirs corresponding to dates

I am trying to find a way to move files into corresponding date files. i=0 while read line do array="$line" (( i++ )) done < <(ls) cd $(echo ${array}) echo ${array}} pwd #cd "$(array}" ] || mkdir 2015 cd "2015" ] || mkdir 02-February ] || mkdir 03-March ] || mkdir... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string in files in all dir and sub dirs

Hello, I need to replace xml version='1.1' with xml version='1.0' in all xml files under /app/jenkins/ in all dir and sub dirs in my CentOS VM, I tried below command but it didn't help, looks like I'm missing a character somewhere. grep -rl "xml version='1.1'" . | xargs sed -i 's/"xml... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh Madpathi
2 Replies
php-config(1)                                                   Scripting Language                                                   php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules installed on the Debian system --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO
php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 7.0.33-6+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+3. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2017 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2017 php-config(1)