Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot cancel a print
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cannot cancel a print Post 302772414 by MadeInGermany on Monday 25th of February 2013 11:33:30 AM
Old 02-25-2013
The active (currently printed) Job cannot be removed.
Details are OS-specific. Please give output of
Code:
uname -a
lpstat -o
lpstat -v

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cancel all printjobs at once?

Hi unix-friends, I've got an RS6000 with Unix 4.3 as OS. I'm writing a script that i want to use for cancelling all print jobs at once. Does anyone have any good idea's, hints, or tips? Hope to hear from you, Erik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cancel the massage

Hi all In Aix system Someone know i want to cancel the massage. if some user print something and user root deleting the job i got brodcast message " message from queueing system job number XXX has been deleteing from queue. <EOT> " I use the cancel command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goldfelda
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cancel QCompile

I need help, please!!!!!!!! I have accidentally selected to compile all my programs, which will probably take forever!! How can I cancel the compiling of the programs. I see in qstatus the huge list of programs waiting to be compiled. Thanks! :eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itldp
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

cancel account

id like to cancel my account please. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samb057
5 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cancel Account

I accidentally typed a wrong user name... pls delete my account so that i can create a new one.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pat_Martin
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't cancel nohup job

Yesterday I started a nohup job called assoc.sh. It has not finished running, but I have realised a problem with my script, so wish to cancel it, modify and restart it. However, I cannot find the PID, so can't cancel it. I have searched the ps list and nothing resembles my job - how can I cancel... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: polly_falconer
13 Replies

7. Solaris

what privilege to assign for user to cancel or disable print queue?

OS Version: Sun Solaris version 9 Other than root, we need operation to manage printer queue by using following command: lprm -P cancel enable/disable What privilege should be given? Pls advise. Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

i want to cancel printing job

hi every body i used " lpstat -o" to show the printer jobs and i already canceld it by "cancel -e -f jobid" but the problem i found when used " lpstat -o" again it said that job in progress i think because it in the buffer but i don't know how to clear the printer. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cancel Printing Problem

Hi guys, Does any one know how to do script for cancel Print jobs. First it will ask for printer name or type and then show all print queus then remove jobs from the printer. Thanks (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: masco
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cancel down 2 integers

Wonderful evening to all of you! My problem has to possible starting points. Well, not really, but getting to either one is no problem at all. So i got either a string in the format of "1920x1080" or simply the integers X = 1920 and Y = 1080. When I am done, I would like to have an output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakunar
5 Replies
lpstat(1)							    Apple Inc.								 lpstat(1)

NAME
lpstat - print cups status information SYNOPSIS
lpstat [ -E ] [ -H ] [ -U username ] [ -h hostname[:port] ] [ -l ] [ -W which-jobs ] [ -a [ destination(s) ] ] [ -c [ class(es) ] ] [ -d ] [ -o [ destination(s) ] ] [ -p [ printer(s) ] ] [ -r ] [ -R ] [ -s ] [ -t ] [ -u [ user(s) ] ] [ -v [ printer(s) ] ] DESCRIPTION
lpstat displays status information about the current classes, jobs, and printers. When run with no arguments, lpstat will list jobs queued by the current user. OPTIONS
The lpstat command supports the following options: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -H Shows the server hostname and port. -R Shows the ranking of print jobs. -U username Specifies an alternate username. -W which-jobs Specifies which jobs to show, completed or not-completed (the default). This option must appear before the -o option and/or any printer names, otherwise the default (not-completed) value will be used in the request to the scheduler. -a [printer(s)] Shows the accepting state of printer queues. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -c [class(es)] Shows the printer classes and the printers that belong to them. If no classes are specified then all classes are listed. -d Shows the current default destination. -h server[:port] Specifies an alternate server. -l Shows a long listing of printers, classes, or jobs. -o [destination(s)] Shows the jobs queue on the specified destinations. If no destinations are specified all jobs are shown. -p [printer(s)] Shows the printers and whether or not they are enabled for printing. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -r Shows whether the CUPS server is running. -s Shows a status summary, including the default destination, a list of classes and their member printers, and a list of printers and their associated devices. This is equivalent to using the "-d", "-c", and "-v" options. -t Shows all status information. This is equivalent to using the "-r", "-d", "-c", "-v", "-a", "-p", and "-o" options. -u [user(s)] Shows a list of print jobs queued by the specified users. If no users are specified, lists the jobs queued by the current user. -v [printer(s)] Shows the printers and what device they are attached to. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. COMPATIBILITY
Unlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any printable character except SPACE, TAB, "/", and "#". Also, printer and class names are not case-sensitive. The "-h", "-E", "-U", and "-W" options are unique to CUPS. The Solaris "-f", "-P", and "-S" options are silently ignored. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc. 10 September 2008 CUPS lpstat(1)