Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Two separate domains - and files Post 302772413 by davidm123SED on Monday 25th of February 2013 11:31:54 AM
Old 02-25-2013
Two separate domains - and files

Hi,
I've been asked to 'troubleshoot' a webserver where two different TLDs are being served. Or to be more accurate, 'domain.com' and 'domain.fr'.

So we have

/var/www/domain.com
/var/www/domain.fr

And then for some reason, the httpd.conf file points to two different configuration files.

/etc/httpd/conf/domain.d.com/httpd.conf.com
/etc/httpd/conf/domain.d.fr/httpd.conf.fr

And then in there, there are Virtualhost stuff, and what else, I don't know.

It's a bit of a dog's breakfast.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, when someone points at domain.com, he gets to domain.com, but when someone points to domain.fr, he still goes to domain.com.

So something's wrong. But the whole thing is such a mess, that I don't even know where to start. Can someone give me some tips?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to separate 0kb files from the rest!!!

Hi All, Can you please tell me how to identify a 0kb file from a list a files and redirect only those files to a .txt file. ls -l shows me all the 0kb files...but how to redirect only those files.. Thanks for ur help, Kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare counts in two separate files

Hi all, what will be the code to compare count present in two seperate files for e.g file (a) contains counts 100 and file (b) contains records 90 since both these files have differnt count so it will display count didnt match and in case of success it display (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find occurrences of email domains in all files in a directory

Hello Everyone! I trust you are off to a great week! Trying to output the name and count of each uniquely occurring domain in the current directory for a portion of a script I'm building. Here's what I'm stuck on: - Need to find UNIQUE occurences of domains (*@domain.com) in ALL files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxhombre
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing columns in two separate files

Hey all, I have a file structure that looks something like this: file1 306708278 88954535 234167885 file2 2012-03-27T12:32:56+00:00 137 Orchotorena 184616310003601409 306708278 es 40.4777947 Majadahonda -3.6416896333333333 0 false atlante83 "<a href=""http://tapbots.com/tweetbot""... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgaff
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using bash to separate files files based on parts of a filename

Hey guys, Sorry for the basic question but I have a lot of files that I want to separate into groups based on filenames which I can then cat together. Eg I have: (a_b_c.txt) WB34_2_SLA8.txt WB34_1_SLA8.txt WB34_1_DB10.txt WB34_2_DB10.txt WB34_1_SLA8.txt WB34_2_SLA8.txt 77_1_SLA8.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breentax
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Authentication and Authorization from Separate Domains

The company I work for is trying to implement Sudoers.LDAP to centralize their sudoers infrastructure so the access management team and compliance teams don't have to run ragged over all of our servers. The AD team decided it would be better to set up a separate LDAP server rather than put a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wolvendeer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in separate files

Hi all, i have the bash script for remote conection, for hosts in $(cat /list); do ssh user1@$hosts "hostname"; done execute hostname command by all hosts and show standar ouput, how i can send to file by each host in lists, so e.g. $cat list 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aav1307
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate columns into different text files

Hi I have large text file consisting of five columns. Sample of the file is give below: ed 2-4 12.0 commons that they depended on. मानवों नष्ट किया जिन पर वो आधारित थे। ed 3-1 12.0 Almost E, but would be over. रचना करीब करीब ई तक जाती है, मगर तब तो नाटक ख़त्म हो... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk separate files to one directory

I am trying to output all files that are made by this awk to a specific directory. awk -F '' '{f = $3 ".txt"; print > f}' input.txt Since the actual data has several hundred files I redirect the output (well tried to) to a directory. awk -F '' '{f = $3 ".txt"; close($3 ".txt")} print >... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need separate vi files in shell

Input: I have input file below mentioned.Input file has Yahoo,gmail,yuimn etc..are websites and there are users listed under it. I have many other unique websites but i mentioned just few as below. For example: Yahoo is website and 123,fsfd are members of website "yahoo". See below input... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
19 Replies
asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-domain, delete-domain - deletes the givendomain SYNOPSIS
delete-domain [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--domaindir install_dir/domains] domain_name delete-domain deletes the specified domain. The domain must already exist and must be stopped. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be deleted. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain in the default install_dir/domains directory is deleted. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using delete-domain asadmin> delete-domain sampleDomain deleted domain sampleDomain successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)