Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Which nameserver is used?
Operating Systems HP-UX Which nameserver is used? Post 302772377 by vbe on Monday 25th of February 2013 09:13:16 AM
Old 02-25-2013
Was not standard in HP-UX ( have an old dig 2.o I installed years ago...) at the time and I have on 11.31 ... Thanks for the update!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need advice on nameserver configuration

on a Red Hat server I am running name server (ns1.mynameserver.com , ns2.mynameserver.com) can anybody advice how to set my server so that it automatically forwards domains that have ns1.mynameserver.com , ns2.mynameserver.com as nameserver address to a specific url/page, without actually adding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanex
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

two dns search with 4 nameserver

Hi all, Does someone use this kind of config on /etc/resolv.conf? search domain1.com domain2.com nameserver 1.x.x.x nameserver 2.x.x.x nameserver 3.x.x.x nameserver 4.x.x.x Is that going to work properly? I heard that only 3 lines are enabled on resolv.conf. Is that true? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NameServer not accessible

Hi everybody I am facing a little problem with names servers. I have a VPS with Kloxo installed on it I have registered 2 name servers (i.e. ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com) past one month. These nameservers are not accessible yet. I have check the nameserver on internic site and they are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
3 Replies

4. Web Development

(WHM) Primary Resolver and Nameserver confusion

Okay, I know generally how the internet works but here I am confused. Every website that I've worked on prior to this had a vendor providing Nameserver services -Meaning that I just pointed my DNS to their server and they do the rest. Now, I am confused by what the Primary Resolver is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

[Android-Networking] can't acces internet, while settings says all is ok => Routing/Nameserver prob

Hello, since a while, i have a very strange and frustrating network problem with my Huawei p6(Android 4.4.2). The ROM is "Omni Rom", i think - but it shouldn't matter. The problem is: when i try to connect through wlan (i have no mobile internet), according to the network manager of android,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Palindrom
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bind: Can you configure multiple domains using the same nameserver

Can you add multiple domains to a nameserver without creating a new IP address? I have one IP address on my machine and have configured forward and reverse zone files. Names are resolving fine. I know I can add another domain to the named.conf file and create new forward and reverse files. what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxGirl
2 Replies
UPDATE-GAP-WORKSPACE(1) 					   User Commands					   UPDATE-GAP-WORKSPACE(1)

NAME
update-gap-workspace - manage a GAP workspace. SYNOPSIS
update-gap-workspace update-gap-workspace update Create or update the GAP workspace. update-gap-workspace delete Delete the GAP workspace. DESCRIPTION
At start up, GAP load all libraries and packages available on the system. This take several seconds. To save time, GAP can store the result of this initialisation in a `workspace'. update-gap-workspace help to manage such workspaces. update-gap-workspace can be run as root to manage the system-wide workspace. update-gap-workspace can be run as a normal user. In this case the workspace is stored in $HOME/gap/workspace.gz. Note that you need to rebuild the workspace each time GAP packages are added, removed or updated. To automate that task, if the system-wide workspace exists, it is automatically updated whenever a GAP-related Debian package is installed or upgraded. The gap script will automatically load such workspace at start up. FILES
/var/lib/gap/workspace.gz: The system-wide GAP workspace. $HOME/gap/workspace.gz: The user-specific GAP workspace. SEE ALSO
gap(1), The `SaveWorkspace' function in the GAP manual. AUTHOR
Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org> NOTES
We are considering enabling the system-wide workspace per default, though this feature could be too confusing for old-time GAP users. If you have opinions about it, please mail <gap@packages.debian.org>. Debian July 2003 UPDATE-GAP-WORKSPACE(1)