Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Letter Frequency Decryption Program in Perl Post 302772181 by jvr42 on Sunday 24th of February 2013 03:09:01 AM
Old 02-24-2013
Question Letter Frequency Decryption Program in Perl

Hello,

:/

Last edited by jvr42; 02-25-2013 at 04:59 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using perl to calculate frequency and multiply

Suppose u have two input files FILE A and FILE B FILE A AACD ABBD ACBC FILE B s/ A B C D E A 1 -2 3 4 2 B 3 2 -1 2 1 C 2 3 1 2 3 D 3 4 -3 2 2 E 1 3 4 2 3 So in FILE A we have calculated frequency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl | catching the letter 'Q' for exit.

Hi all, I made a simple script with a prompt menu in Perl. All working good, but I want to add an option while the program is running that on every time when the user press 'Q' the program will exit. I know I can use $SIG{'INT'} or any other %SIG option. This option is a unix signal which I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedGrinGo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl program

I wish to write a Perl program that will provide a listing of files in a directory. The files must be listed in sorted order by the file name. • By default, the program displays only file names. • By default, the program lists the files in the current directory. • The program must provide the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
2 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl- Finding average "frequency" of occurrence of duplicate lines

Hello, I am working with a perl script that tries to find the average "frequency" in which lines are duplicated. So far I've only managed to find the way to count how many times the lines are repeated, the code is as follows: perl -ae' my $filename= $ENV{'i'}; open (FILE, "$filename") or... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: acsg
10 Replies

6. Programming

Perl program

Hi I am new to perl, i need to write a program to convert horizontal words to vertical eg: cat, dog, cow,.....(text file) this should be written as 1.cat 2.dog like this. can u pls help me to work out.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to match the id and replace one letter in the content

Hi all, I have one file with a sequence and the other file which says the position and the letter to be changed. I have to match two files and replace content. Example is shown which will describe what I want to do. For example, file 1 has many sequences and few are shown below sequence file:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaav06
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program

can anyone help me out to write a code by connecting to the sql database and I need to print the list of tables present in the databse. any ideas please. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific letter in a file by other letter

Good afternoon all, I want to ask how to change some letter in my file with other letter in spesific line eg. data.txt 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 for example i want to change the 4th line with character 1. How could I do it by SED or AWK. I have tried to run this code but actually did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
DH_PERL(1)							     Debhelper								DH_PERL(1)

NAME
dh_perl - calculates Perl dependencies and cleans up after MakeMaker SYNOPSIS
dh_perl [debhelperoptions] [-d] [librarydirs...] DESCRIPTION
dh_perl is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${perl:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. The program will look at Perl scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on perl or perlapi. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${perl:Depends}. dh_perl also cleans up empty directories that MakeMaker can generate when installing Perl modules. OPTIONS
-d In some specific cases you may want to depend on perl-base rather than the full perl package. If so, you can pass the -d option to make dh_perl generate a dependency on the correct base package. This is only necessary for some packages that are included in the base system. Note that this flag may cause no dependency on perl-base to be generated at all. perl-base is Essential, so its dependency can be left out, unless a versioned dependency is needed. -V By default, scripts and architecture independent modules don't depend on any specific version of perl. The -V option causes the current version of the perl (or perl-base with -d) package to be specified. library dirs If your package installs Perl modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_perl check those directories by passing their names on the command line. It will only check the vendorlib and vendorarch directories by default. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.8.3 Perl policy, version 1.20 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_PERL(1)