Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL for postfix or sendmail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ACL for postfix or sendmail Post 302771929 by safsound on Friday 22nd of February 2013 07:10:27 AM
Old 02-22-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
So, this is just a common outgoing email server to support clients, which must shun spammers.

Reverse lookup can be set up to say any domain, unless it checks with a forward lookup to match.

I guess in postfix you put your IPs in mynetworks and set to restrict: Postfix SMTP relay and access control

From the man page referenced there, how to set mynetworks: Postfix Configuration Parameters
Thanks but i dont find any example to write the good syntax

example :

10.5.5.10 can send from toto.com on all domain in outgoing

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem under mailx/sendmail command

Update: Problem solved with this command: /opt/soc/bin/postfix-setup ================================ Hi, I am trying the following mailx command: sadm@edwardwi-z:/etc$ mailx ewijaya@gmail.com Subject: test foo . . EOT But it gives the following error ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail tranmission issue: Postfix/Sendmail

Hi, I have email that is being routed from one server to another server it seems. The sending server has postfix running and the receiving server has sendmail running. The sendmail status is receiving connection. The sending server cannot seem to reach the receiving server. Error logs state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Replace sendmail with Postfix

Hi, I am assigned to replace sendmail with Postfix in solaris 10. Can anyone please tell what are the steps should be taken like files to backup and what are the configurations should be taken care and so on??????? Appreciate any help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

French characters in postfix/sendmail

Hello again, How can I send emails via postfix with special characters like "à" via postfix. When I'm paste-ing the special character inside a editor (nano) it shows like this --> � ... any tips? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galford
1 Replies
CIDR_TABLE(5)							File Formats Manual						     CIDR_TABLE(5)

NAME
cidr_table - format of Postfix CIDR tables SYNOPSIS
postmap -q "string" cidr:/etc/postfix/filename postmap -q - cidr:/etc/postfix/filename <inputfile DESCRIPTION
The Postfix mail system uses optional lookup tables. These tables are usually in dbm or db format. Alternatively, lookup tables can be specified in CIDR (Classless Inter-Domain Routing) form. In this case, each input is compared against a list of patterns. When a match is found, the corresponding result is returned and the search is terminated. To find out what types of lookup tables your Postfix system supports use the "postconf -m" command. To test lookup tables, use the "postmap -q" command as described in the SYNOPSIS above. TABLE FORMAT
The general form of a Postfix CIDR table is: network_address/network_mask result When a search string matches the specified network block, use the corresponding result value. Specify 0.0.0.0/0 to match every IPv4 address, and ::/0 to match every IPv6 address. An IPv4 network address is a sequence of four decimal octets separated by ".", and an IPv6 network address is a sequence of three to eight hexadecimal octet pairs separated by ":". Before comparisons are made, lookup keys and table entries are converted from string to binary. Therefore table entries will be matched regardless of redundant zero characters. Note: address information may be enclosed inside "[]" but this form is not required. IPv6 support is available in Postfix 2.2 and later. network_address result When a search string matches the specified network address, use the corresponding result value. blank lines and comments Empty lines and whitespace-only lines are ignored, as are lines whose first non-whitespace character is a `#'. multi-line text A logical line starts with non-whitespace text. A line that starts with whitespace continues a logical line. TABLE SEARCH ORDER
Patterns are applied in the order as specified in the table, until a pattern is found that matches the search string. EXAMPLE SMTPD ACCESS MAP
/etc/postfix/main.cf: smtpd_client_restrictions = ... cidr:/etc/postfix/client.cidr ... /etc/postfix/client.cidr: # Rule order matters. Put more specific whitelist entries # before more general blacklist entries. 192.168.1.1 OK 192.168.0.0/16 REJECT SEE ALSO
postmap(1), Postfix lookup table manager regexp_table(5), format of regular expression tables pcre_table(5), format of PCRE tables README FILES
Use "postconf readme_directory" or "postconf html_directory" to locate this information. DATABASE_README, Postfix lookup table overview HISTORY
CIDR table support was introduced with Postfix version 2.1. AUTHOR(S) The CIDR table lookup code was originally written by: Jozsef Kadlecsik KFKI Research Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics POB. 49 1525 Budapest, Hungary Adopted and adapted by: Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA CIDR_TABLE(5)