Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Echo not displaying variable in If-Else condition Post 302771908 by Don Cragun on Friday 22nd of February 2013 05:40:35 AM
Old 02-22-2013
How are you setting x_oug?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display from a variable using echo.

I have a variable that is outputting a lot of space. here has been 45 lines returned ... how can I remove the spaces between the "been and the 45" CODE: fil_len=`wc -l < coshb.txt` if ; then cat coshb.txt | more echo " " echo "There has been ${fil_len} lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo variable problem

hi I have say five variable. I would ask the user which one they want me to print and then print accordingly. TEST_1='10.2.3.4' TEST_2='11.2.3.5' TEST_3='12.2.3.5' TEST_4='13.2.3.5' TEST_5='14.2.3.5' print_var() { echo "Accessing var num $1" echo TEST$1 #??? But How do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabina
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning variable value using echo

I am modifying an existing script and it has the following line: export SomeEnvVar=`echo ${SomeLocalVar}` Why wouldn't it just read: export SomeEnvVar=${SomeLocalVar} Is there some reason to use echo instead of a direct assignment? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellburger
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple echo statements in if condition

Hi , I have a peculiar problem. i have an if block like this if ; then echo " todays date is " ${date} >> log_file echo " file count is " $ count >> log_file mv filename1 filename 2 else echo "no files available ">> log_file fi the echo statement "no files available " is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wizardofoz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read variable after echo

Hi, i want to create an user-friendly script where you are asked for two numbers. i would like that these two number to be separated with "--" for example, but i can't figure out how to do this. for example read -p "Insert lowest and highest value: " min ; echo -n "-- "; read max so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezitoc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not displaying while running in cron job

hi , While running my script individually the variable is working fine. But when i am running the same script from cron job it's displaying nothing. Can any one comment on this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josephroyal
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo the NAME of the variable

#!/bin/bash varA="AAA1" varB="BBB2" varC="CCC3" for proccx in $varA $varB $varC do echo "the current name is ????? , the value is $proccx" echo " " done #end of script I want the output to look something like this: the current name is varA, the value is AAA1 the current name is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying contents with Echo

Hello, How can i display the below ... say echo "Start \n Analyse \n ~/temp/input.txt \nStop" Now my output should look like below Start Analyse This is from input file Stop I tried echo "Start \n Analyse \n $var \nStop where $var = "~/temp/input.txt".. It did not work out..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Variable not displaying in subject line of mailx email

Hi Newbie here with first post. I've got a shell script (ksh) whereby I run a SQL*Plus script and output the results to a file. I then check the output file in an if statement that looks like this: if ]; then export GAPNUM=`awk '{print $4}' $OUTFILE` if ] then mailx -s... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ltzwoman
10 Replies
Biber::Entry::Names(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Biber::Entry::Names(3pm)

NAME
Biber::Entry::Names - Biber::Entry::Names objects new Initialize a Biber::Entry::Names object TO_JSON Serialiser for JSON::XS::encode notnull Test for an empty object names Return ref to array of all Biber::Entry::Name objects in object reset_uniquelist Reset uniquelist to undef for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_uniquelist Add a uniquelist count to the Biber::Entry::Names object Sets global flag to say that some uniquelist value has changed get_uniquelist Get the uniquelist count from the Biber::Entry::Names object count_uniquelist Count the names in a string used to determine uniquelist. set_visible_cite Set the number of cite visible names as per the different uniquelist, max/mincitenames etc set_visible_bib Set the number of bib visible names as per the different uniquelist, max/minbibnames etc set_visible_alpha Set the number of alpha visible names as per the different uniquelist, max/minalphanames etc get_visible_cite Get the number of visible names as per the different uniquelist, max/mincitenames etc get_visible_bib Get the number of bib visible names as per the different uniquelist, max/minbibnames etc get_visible_alpha Get the number of alpha visible names as per the different uniquelist, max/minalphanames etc add_name Add a Biber::Entry::Name object to the Biber::Entry::Names object set_morenames Sets a flag to say that we had a "and others" in the data get_morenames Gets the morenames flag count_names Returns the number of Biber::Entry::Name objects in the object nth_name Returns the nth Biber::Entry::Name object in the object or the last one if n > total names first_n_names Returns an array ref of Biber::Entry::Name objects containing only the first n Biber::Entry::Name objects or all names if n > total names del_last_name Deletes the last Biber::Entry::Name object in the object last_name Returns the last Biber::Entry::Name object in the object dump Dump a Biber::Entry::Names object for debugging purposes AUTHORS
Francois Charette, "<firmicus at ankabut.net>" Philip Kime "<philip at kime.org.uk>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests on our sourceforge tracker at <https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=browse&group_id=228270>. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-2012 Francois Charette and Philip Kime, all rights reserved. This module is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-17 Biber::Entry::Names(3pm)