Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Setting up Java environment on VMware Solaris 10 Post 302771906 by Panzerkampfwagn on Friday 22nd of February 2013 05:37:47 AM
Old 02-22-2013
Hi,

srry for beeing late.

I told u totally crap.. Thats the right way:

get as an example jdk1.6.0_26 on ur system:

1. download jdk_6u26-solaris-sparc.tar.Z (32Bit)
download jdk-6u26-solaris.sparcv9.tar.Z (64Bit)

2.uncompress tar.Z (uncompress *.tar.Z), maybe put these 2 files in a extra directory

3. install with pkgadd -d .

4.its installed, but u must relink (all java versions are under /usr/jdk/)

---> unlink /usr/bin/java
---> ln -s /usr/jdk/jdk1.6.0_26 /usr/bin/java

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting environment variables ???

Hello, I want to set some environment variables with this script: ip=$@ echo Remote Computer: $ip PERLDB_OPTS="CallKomodo=$ip:9000 RemotePort=$ip:9010 PrintRet=0" export PERLDB_OPTS PERL5LIB=/opt/komodo export PERL5LIB echo PERLDB_OPTS: $PERLDB_OPTS echo PERL5LIB: $PERL5LIB But it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gargamel
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting environment variable on a remote solaris machine using shell script

Hi, I am trying to set environment variable on a remote machine. I want to do it by running a shell script Here's what I am doin rsh <remote-hostname> -l root "cd /opt/newclient; . ./setp.sh" In setp.sh, I have ############################# cd ../newlib; export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
1 Replies

3. Programming

Binary not getting executed from Java on Solaris environment

In the Java programme, I am calling function, "Runtime.getRuntime().exec( cmdarray ); " with the array of arguments in which first argument is the binary(C-executable) file and argv1,argv2 and so on. This will be executed on Sun OS system.. I can execute using "sh -c cmdarray" on the shell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
0 Replies

4. Programming

Setting Environment variable..!

Hi, I already have one CPP program which invokes the C program.And the C program contains whole function definitions..!This is a working program..I have to enable the logs in both CPP as well as in the C program ..!So I am reading the enviornmental variable log path from the CPP and doing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem setting environment...

Hi All I'm attempting to automate the process of setting the DISPLAY environment variable when logging on (sourcing the .cshrc). I have a mixture of linux and solaris servers and this comnand: who -m | awk '{ print $6}' | tr -d '()' seems to work on all the servers. I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huskie69
2 Replies

6. Programming

Uncompress a gzip and bzip file using java on unix solaris environment

Hi, I need to uncompress a gzip and bzip file using java on unix solaris environment. I also need to retreive the header information of the file inorder to differentiate between gzip and bzip file. Please help Pooja (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting up your environment

Hi I am new to Solaris and was just given my id and need to setup my environment, what do i need to do to run certain commands without putting in the complete path. How do I create my .profile, I do not see under my login? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sa_ken
5 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Redhat LINUX 5 setting In VMWARE

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have installed Redhat Linux 5 in VMWARE and would need to access through putty form the same desktop or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SasiWipro
2 Replies

9. SCO

Moving SCO Virtual Machine in VMWare Environment: Critical Licensing Error Messages

Some years ago our company chose to run a critical proprietary app under SCO Unix. My predecessor tried to move A SCO Unix virtual machine from our dedicated VMWare environment to a shared Cloud VMWare environment. My predecessor received licensing messages from these critical servers so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timfox1234
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)