Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep and Print
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Grep and Print Post 302771662 by balajesuri on Thursday 21st of February 2013 07:43:45 AM
Old 02-21-2013
Code:
perl -lne '(/File Name:([\w.-]+?) .*?time taken.*?:(\d+)/ || /File Name:.*?\]([\w.-]+?) .*?time taken:(\d+)/) && print "$1 -- $2"' file

Hope the File Name doesn't have spaces in them :-)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to grep and print their counts

suppose u have a file ACFCFACCACARCSHFARCVJVASTVAJFTVAJVGHBAJ another file A C F R then output shud be A= 9 C=7 F=3 R=2 Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using grep and print filename

Hi, I have a question on bash. Basically I would like to print a file name using bash. I am actually trying to grep a particular character in sequential files. I have alot files such that a.txt, b.txt,c.txt...etc. If I found a certain character, I would print that particular filename. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines after grep

Hi all, I need help in following scenario. I have a file with about 10,000 lines. There are several lines which have word "START" (all upper case) in them. I want to grep line with word "START" and then do the following 1. Print the line number having word "START" 2. Print the next 11 lines. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else

Hi Guys, I need to set the value of $7 to zero in case $7 is NULL. I've tried the below command but doesn't work. Any ideas. thanks guys. MEM=`ps v $PPID| grep -i db2 | grep -v grep| awk '{ if ( $7 ~ " " ) { print 0 } else { print $7}}' ` Harby. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep & print

I just need to print value 12 digit number after the key *MI*. My big concern is the below lines are not fixed format or length so cant cut based on the position. XSA*00**00**XZ*DA-Paper*30*942411167****MI*010001990802~AEE XSA*00**00**ZZ*EA-aper*30*94169****MI*010001960802~SDRE*ER... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunaah
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines before and after..not grep -A

Hi I have this in my file 2011-04-18 15:32:11 system-alert-00012: UDP flood! From xxxxxx to yyyyyyyyyy, int ethernet0/2). Occurred 1 times. 2011-04-18 15:32:11 system-alert-00012: UDP flood! From xxxxxx to yyyyyyyyyy, int ethernet0/2). Occurred 1 times. 2011-04-18 15:32:11... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep syntax print after certain character

My current code is: user@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ grep -e "\(packaged by\)\|\(employee\)\|\(file name\)\|\(Total Data (MB) Read\)\|\(Begin Time\)" log.txt packaged by = Ron Mexico employee = Michael Vick file name = Mike_Vick_2011.bat Total Data (MB) Read: 11.82 Begin Time: 6/13/2011... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for the string and then print the next 4 lines

RHEL 5.8 I have a text file like below. I want to grep for a string and then print the next 4 lines including the line with the string I grepped for For eg: I want grep for the string HANS and then print the next 4 lines including HANS $ cat someText.txt JOHN NATIONALITY:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
7 Replies
Path::Class::File::Stat(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Path::Class::File::Stat(3pm)

NAME
Path::Class::File::Stat - cache and compare stat() calls on a Path::Class::File object SYNOPSIS
use Path::Class::File::Stat; my $file = Path::Class::File::Stat->new('path','to','file'); # $file has all the magic of Path::Class::File # sometime later if ($file->changed) { # do something provocative } DESCRIPTION
Path::Class::File::Stat is a simple extension of Path::Class::File. Path::Class::File::Stat is useful in long-running programs (as under mod_perl) where you might have a file handle opened and want to check if the underlying file has changed. METHODS
Path::Class::File::Stat extends Path::Class::File objects in the following ways. use_md5 Calling this method will attempt to load Digest::MD5 and use that instead of stat() for creating file signatures. This is similar to how File::Modified works. changed Returns the previously cached File::stat object if the file's device number and inode number have changed, or if the modification time or size has changed. Returns 0 (false) otherwise. While File::Modified uses a MD5 signature of the stat() of a file to determine if the file has changed, changed() uses a simpler (and probably more naive) algorithm. If you need a more sophisticated way of determining if a file has changed, use the restat() method and compare the cached File::stat object it returns with the current File::stat object. Example of your own changed() logic: my $oldstat = $file->restat; my $newstat = $file->stat; # compare $oldstat and $newstat any way you like Or just use File::Modified instead. restat Re-cache the File::stat object in the Path::Class::File::Stat object. Returns the previously cached File::stat object. The changed() method calls this method internally if changed() is going to return true. SEE ALSO
Path::Class, Path::Class::File, File::Signature, File::Modified AUTHOR
Peter Karman, <karman@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Peter Karman This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-28 Path::Class::File::Stat(3pm)