Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and replace using sed command Post 302771417 by Yoda on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 03:02:21 PM
Old 02-20-2013
Please use code tags around code fragments or data samples

Try this awk code:
Code:
awk '   /aaa/ {
                sub("aaa","'\''DEV'\''");
}       /bbb/ {
                sub("bbb","'\''QA'\''");
}       /ccc/ {
                sub("ccc","'\''PROD'\''");
}1' input_file > output_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use sed or perl command to find and replace a directory in a file

how to use sed command to find and replace a directory i have a file.. which contains lot of paths ... for eg.. file contains.. /usr/kk/rr/12345/1 /usr/kk/rr/12345/2 /usr/kk/rr/12345/3 /usr/kk/rr/12345/4 /usr/kk/rr/12345/5 /usr/kk/rr/12345/6 /usr/kk/rr/12345/7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed command to find, manipulate and replace a number

Hi, Im very new to the world of sed so I'm really not even sure if this is possible. What i need to do is read from a flat file and every time i see this line: VAL=123,456 I need to change 456 to 457 for every occurence of this line in the file. The numbers 123 and 456 are different for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LT_2008
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace with sed

Hi, I have two files file1 :> val="10" port="localhost:8080" httpadd="http:\\192.168.0.239" file2 :> val=${val} port=${port} httpadd=${httpadd} fileloc=${fileloc} file3(or file2) should have following output(input from fileone) file3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin.pathak
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace using SED

I need to do a find and replace. I tried below logic but getting warnings Could you please help? a=`echo "<!DOCTYPE aaaaa bbbbb \"sample.dtd\">"` b="<!DOCTYPE aaaaa bbbbb \" /a/b/c/datain/d_k/sample.dtd \">" echo $a | sed -e "s/$a/$b/" > c.txt getting the following error sed:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to find and replace

Hello All, I need a sed command to find and replace below text in multiple files in a directory. Original Text :- "$SCRIPT_PATH/files" Replace with :- "$RESOURCE_FILE" Thank you in advance !!! Regards, Anand Shah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find and replace command not working

Hi, Am trying to replace a character '-' with 'O' in position 289 in my file but am not success with below command. sed 's/^\(.\{289\}\)-/\1O/' filename sed: 0602-404 Function s/^\(.\{289\}\)-/\1O/ cannot be parsed. Thanks in Advance Sara Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara183
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to skip the first line during find and replace operation

Hi Gurus, I did an exhaustive search for finding the script using "sed" to exclude the first line of file during find and replace. The first line in my file is the header names. Thanks for your help.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace using sed

File 1,2,33,C,B 3,5,66,K,R 1,2,33,H,M 3,5,66,M,C 6,9,66,J,F I will use the below command to find and replace in sed, where I'm using variable to find pattern. while read line do sed 's/$line/77/' file done<inputfile But here I need to find value in column 3 and... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
26 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Passing the Output of grep to sed command - to find and replace a string in a file.

I have a file example.txt as follows :SomeTextGoesHere $$TODAY_DT=20140818 $$TODAY_DT=20140818 $$TODAY_DT=20140818I need to automatically update the date (20140818) in the above file, by getting the new date as argument, using a shell script. (It would even be better if I could pass... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
5 Replies
FPUTCSV(3)								 1								FPUTCSV(3)

fputcsv - Format line as CSV and write to file pointer

SYNOPSIS
int fputcsv (resource $handle, array $fields, [string $delimiter = ","], [string $enclosure = '"'], [string $escape_char = " DESCRIPTION
fputcsv(3) formats a line (passed as a $fields array) as CSV and write it (terminated by a newline) to the specified file $handle. PARAMETERS
o $handle -The file pointer must be valid, and must point to a file successfully opened by fopen(3) or fsockopen(3) (and not yet closed by fclose(3)). o $fields - An array of values. o $delimiter - The optional $delimiter parameter sets the field delimiter (one character only). o $enclosure - The optional $enclosure parameter sets the field enclosure (one character only). o $escape_char - The optional $escape_char parameter sets the escape character (one character only). RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the written string or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------+ | 5.5.4 | | | | | | | The $escape_char parameter was added | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 fputcsv(3) example <?php $list = array ( array('aaa', 'bbb', 'ccc', 'dddd'), array('123', '456', '789'), array('"aaa"', '"bbb"') ); $fp = fopen('file.csv', 'w'); foreach ($list as $fields) { fputcsv($fp, $fields); } fclose($fp); ?> The above example will write the following to file.csv: aaa,bbb,ccc,dddd 123,456,789 """aaa""","""bbb""" NOTES
Note If PHP is not properly recognizing the line endings when reading files either on or created by a Macintosh computer, enabling the auto_detect_line_endings run-time configuration option may help resolve the problem. SEE ALSO
fgetcsv(3). PHP Documentation Group FPUTCSV(3)