Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cp: cannot stat No such file or directory Post 302771362 by Vikram_Tanwar12 on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 12:17:37 PM
Old 02-20-2013
Could you please post the line by line execution which took place after running your script in debug mode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using stat() to determine file permissions

I'm having a problem verifying a directory's permissions using the stat() command. I want to flag an error condition if the directory is WRITABLE by either group or other. This is the code I'm using: if (stat(dirname,&statbuf) == -1) { fprintf(stderr,"Unable to run stat() command\n"); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowrip
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp: cannot stat `/opt/IBM/cofig.sh': No such file or directory

Hi all, I'm trying to write a single line command to do this 1. ssh user@hostA 2. Check whether the dir /opt/IBM/ exists 3. copy -a /opt/IBM/config.sh /opt/IBM/config.sh.old This is the command ssh -v user@hostA "test -d /opt/IBM" && cp -a /opt/IBM/config.sh /opt/IBM/config.sh.old ||... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanti
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp: cannot stat: No such file or directory

Hi there, I need some help with cp files from one directory into several others. The code is as follows: SUB=`ls src_directory | wc -l` OUT_LOOP=$(($SUB / $MK_NUMS)) IN_LOOP=$(($SUB % $MK_NUMS)) COUNT=$MK_NUMS while ] do mkdir dst_directory$COUNT ls -1 src_directory |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krush187
4 Replies

4. SuSE

cp: cannot stat no such file or directory

#!/bin/ksh cp /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/orginal/test-yast2_vhost.conf-bk /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/test-yast2_vhost.conf /usr/sbin/rcapache2 graceful when i ran this script I'm getting following error. cp: cannot stat /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/orginal/test-yast2_vhost.conf-bk no such file or directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_linux
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using File::stat

Hello everyone, I need some help on a perl script. The script is to open a dir and print out the date of last modification on all files. I'm been trying this code but it doesn't work. use File::stat; open (D,"$ARGV") or die "Can't open\n"; while (defined ($file = readdir D)) { next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new bie
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mv : cannot stat :no such file or directory

this is my script x=1 o=0 while do fi ];then (this check is a certain extension with a number exist) let x++ else mv /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz /var/log/mrnet.log.$x.gz o=1 fi done mrnet.log.1.gz exist already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Froob
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cp: cannot stat...: no such file or directory

Please review the issue below and tell me what I need to do. I cannot copy the zip file. $ ls -l total 10 drwxrwx--- 1 root vboxsf 0 Feb 1 16:10 sf_Temp drwxrwx--- 2 root vboxsf 4096 Jan 31 17:59 sf_VBoxShared dr-xr-xr-x 6 oracle root 2048 Dec 19 09:20 VBOXADDITIONS_4.2.6_82870 $ cp -r... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutus
2 Replies

8. Solaris

/bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory

Hi, I am getting below error in Solaris 10 SPARC when trying to issue a search on /var/tmp partition Below is the query /bin/find /var/tmp/ -type f -atime +1 Below is the result /bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
28 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot stat ‘/albiero’: No such file or directory

So on my external hard drive, I am trying to copy one folder into another folder sudo cp /albiero /home and get the error message cannot stat ‘/albiero': No such file or directory Though both folders exist drwxr-xr-x 44 root root 4096 Oct 31 15:15 albiero drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: albiero
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cp: cannot stat ‘src/last??’: No such file or directory

Good day. I am trying to install the latest version of LAST program (last.cbrc.jp) on my Windows64bit using Cygwin64. I successfully downloaded it and followed the instructions on how to install it. However, when I tried to run the command "make install prefix=~", I got this error, as shown... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicole_john_
0 Replies
ERB(1)							 Ruby Programmers Reference Guide						    ERB(1)

NAME
erb -- Ruby Templating SYNOPSIS
erb [--version] [-UPdnvx] [-E ext[:int]] [-S level] [-T mode] [-r library] [--] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
erb is a command line front-end for ERB library, which is an implementation of eRuby. ERB provides an easy to use but powerful templating system for Ruby. Using ERB, actual Ruby code can be added to any plain text document for the purposes of generating document information details and/or flow control. erb is a part of Ruby. OPTIONS
--version Prints the version of erb. -E external[:internal] --encoding external[:internal] Specifies the default value(s) for external encodings and internal encoding. Values should be separated with colon (:). You can omit the one for internal encodings, then the value (Encoding.default_internal) will be nil. -P Evaluates lines starting with % as Ruby code and removes the tailing EOLs. -S level Specifies the safe level in which eRuby script will run. -T mode Specifies trim mode (default 0). mode can be one of 0 EOL remains after the embedded ruby script is evaluated. 1 EOL is removed if the line ends with %>. 2 EOL is removed if the line starts with <% and ends with %>. - EOL is removed if the line ends with -%>. And leading whitespaces are removed if the erb directive starts with <%-. -U can be one of Sets the default value for internal encodings (Encoding.default_internal) to UTF-8. -d --debug Turns on debug mode. $DEBUG will be set to true. -h --help Prints a summary of the options. -n Used with -x. Prepends the line number to each line in the output. -v Enables verbose mode. $VERBOSE will be set to true. -x Converts the eRuby script into Ruby script and prints it without line numbers. EXAMPLES
Here is an eRuby script <?xml version="1.0" ?> <% require 'prime' -%> <erb-example> <calc><%= 1+1 %></calc> <var><%= __FILE__ %></var> <library><%= Prime.each(10).to_a.join(", ") %></library> </erb-example> Command % erb -T - example.erb prints <?xml version="1.0" ?> <erb-example> <calc>2</calc> <var>example.erb</var> <library>2, 3, 5, 7</library> </erb-example> SEE ALSO
ruby(1). And see ri(1) documentation for ERB class. REPORTING BUGS
Security vulnerabilities should be reported via an email to <security@ruby-lang.org>. Reported problems will be published after being fixed. And you can report other bugs and feature requests via the Ruby Issue Tracking System (http://bugs.ruby-lang.org). Do not report security vulnerabilities via the system because it publishes the vulnerabilities immediately. AUTHORS
Written by Masatoshi SEKI. UNIX
November 7, 2012 UNIX