Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris NetIQ AppManager and Solaris 10 Post 302771284 by DustinT on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 06:58:52 AM
Old 02-20-2013
NetIQ AppManager and Solaris 10

I've been asked to implement the NetIQ Unix Agent on some production database servers running Solaris 10 and wanted to check with the community and see what type of results you've seen.

A review of the documents seems to indicate that this agent can't connect to the standard Windows Management system and must use the Unix Management application. Can anyone confirm that? My monitoring admin has never done a Solaris deployment and so isn't knowledgeable about such matters.

Are there any other complications or caveats I should know about?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to add Solaris text console to Solaris grub2 menu?

Hi, I am new to sloaris and just instlled the solaris 11.2, i know little more about linux, i open the /boot/grub/grub.cfg in solaris and there is many other entries forl solaris 11.2 one of them is for 'Oracle Solaris 11.2 text console' but at boot grub2 only show the first default entry that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamsat
1 Replies
volmgt_running(3VOLMGT) 				Volume Management Library Functions				   volmgt_running(3VOLMGT)

NAME
volmgt_running - return whether or not volume management is running SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lvolmgt [ library ... ] #include <volmgt.h> int volmgt_running(void); DESCRIPTION
This function is obsolete. The management of removable media by the Volume Management feature, including vold, has been replaced by soft- ware that supports the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL). Programmatic support for HAL is through the HAL APIs, which are documented on the HAL web site. See hal(5). volmgt_running() tells whether or not Volume Management is running. RETURN VALUES
volmgt_running() always returns 0 indicating Volume Management (as implemented by vold) is not running. ERRORS
volmgt_running() will fail, returning 0, if a stat(2) or open(2) of /dev/volctl fails, or if any of the following is true: ENXIO Volume Management is not running. EINTR An interrupt signal was detected while checking to see if Volume Management was running. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using volmgt_running() To see if Volume Management is running: if (volmgt_running() != 0) { (void) printf("Volume Management is running "); } else { (void) printf("Volume Management is NOT running "); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cc(1B), open(2), stat(2), volmgt_check(3VOLMGT), volmgt_inuse(3VOLMGT), attributes(5), hal(5) NOTES
Volume Management must be running for many of the Volume Management library routines to work. SunOS 5.11 8 Mar 2007 volmgt_running(3VOLMGT)