Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cp: cannot stat No such file or directory Post 302771262 by Rami Reddy on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 06:04:10 AM
Old 02-20-2013
Linux Cp: cannot stat No such file or directory

Hi

Please review this script and let me know what i need to do.
This is my script
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#SCRIPT:  forms.sh
#PURPOSE: Process a file line by line with redirected while-read loop.
#PURPOSE: and copy the forms to the follder

foldername=sample_dir
mkdir -p $foldername

while read file;
do
FILENAME=$(basename $file)

LINE=$FILENAME
count=0

cp $LINE $foldername/
done < forms.txt

i have a file called forms.txt which contains unix directory path.
i want to extract the filename alone from the unix directory path. now i am having copy issue with this script.
This is the error, i am getting
Code:
cp: cannot stat `AKDAPREG.fmb': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `AKDATTRS.fmb': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `AKDFLOWB.fmb': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `AKDFLOWS.fmb': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `AKDOBFKS.fmb': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `AKDOBJWB.fmb': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `AKDOBPKS.fmb': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `AKDPICKF.fmb': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `AKDQUERY.fmb': No such file or directory

Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks,
Rami Reddy.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using stat() to determine file permissions

I'm having a problem verifying a directory's permissions using the stat() command. I want to flag an error condition if the directory is WRITABLE by either group or other. This is the code I'm using: if (stat(dirname,&statbuf) == -1) { fprintf(stderr,"Unable to run stat() command\n"); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowrip
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp: cannot stat `/opt/IBM/cofig.sh': No such file or directory

Hi all, I'm trying to write a single line command to do this 1. ssh user@hostA 2. Check whether the dir /opt/IBM/ exists 3. copy -a /opt/IBM/config.sh /opt/IBM/config.sh.old This is the command ssh -v user@hostA "test -d /opt/IBM" && cp -a /opt/IBM/config.sh /opt/IBM/config.sh.old ||... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanti
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp: cannot stat: No such file or directory

Hi there, I need some help with cp files from one directory into several others. The code is as follows: SUB=`ls src_directory | wc -l` OUT_LOOP=$(($SUB / $MK_NUMS)) IN_LOOP=$(($SUB % $MK_NUMS)) COUNT=$MK_NUMS while ] do mkdir dst_directory$COUNT ls -1 src_directory |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krush187
4 Replies

4. SuSE

cp: cannot stat no such file or directory

#!/bin/ksh cp /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/orginal/test-yast2_vhost.conf-bk /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/test-yast2_vhost.conf /usr/sbin/rcapache2 graceful when i ran this script I'm getting following error. cp: cannot stat /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/orginal/test-yast2_vhost.conf-bk no such file or directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s_linux
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

using File::stat

Hello everyone, I need some help on a perl script. The script is to open a dir and print out the date of last modification on all files. I'm been trying this code but it doesn't work. use File::stat; open (D,"$ARGV") or die "Can't open\n"; while (defined ($file = readdir D)) { next... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new bie
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mv : cannot stat :no such file or directory

this is my script x=1 o=0 while do fi ];then (this check is a certain extension with a number exist) let x++ else mv /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz /var/log/mrnet.log.$x.gz o=1 fi done mrnet.log.1.gz exist already... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Froob
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cp: cannot stat...: no such file or directory

Please review the issue below and tell me what I need to do. I cannot copy the zip file. $ ls -l total 10 drwxrwx--- 1 root vboxsf 0 Feb 1 16:10 sf_Temp drwxrwx--- 2 root vboxsf 4096 Jan 31 17:59 sf_VBoxShared dr-xr-xr-x 6 oracle root 2048 Dec 19 09:20 VBOXADDITIONS_4.2.6_82870 $ cp -r... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutus
2 Replies

8. Solaris

/bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory

Hi, I am getting below error in Solaris 10 SPARC when trying to issue a search on /var/tmp partition Below is the query /bin/find /var/tmp/ -type f -atime +1 Below is the result /bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
28 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot stat ‘/albiero’: No such file or directory

So on my external hard drive, I am trying to copy one folder into another folder sudo cp /albiero /home and get the error message cannot stat ‘/albiero': No such file or directory Though both folders exist drwxr-xr-x 44 root root 4096 Oct 31 15:15 albiero drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: albiero
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cp: cannot stat ‘src/last??’: No such file or directory

Good day. I am trying to install the latest version of LAST program (last.cbrc.jp) on my Windows64bit using Cygwin64. I successfully downloaded it and followed the instructions on how to install it. However, when I tried to run the command "make install prefix=~", I got this error, as shown... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicole_john_
0 Replies
SERVICE(8)                                                    System Manager's Manual                                                   SERVICE(8)

NAME
service - run a System V init script SYNOPSIS
service SCRIPT COMMAND [OPTIONS] service --status-all service --help | -h | --version DESCRIPTION
service runs a System V init script or systemd unit in as predictable an environment as possible, removing most environment variables and with the current working directory set to /. The SCRIPT parameter specifies a System V init script, located in /etc/init.d/SCRIPT, or the name of a systemd unit. The existence of a systemd unit of the same name as a script in /etc/init.d will cause the unit to take precedence over the init.d script. The supported val- ues of COMMAND depend on the invoked script. service passes COMMAND and OPTIONS to the init script unmodified. For systemd units, start, stop, status, and reload are passed through to their systemctl/initctl equivalents. All scripts should support at least the start and stop commands. As a special case, if COMMAND is --full-restart, the script is run twice, first with the stop command, then with the start command. service --status-all runs all init scripts, in alphabetical order, with the status command. The status is [ + ] for running services, [ - ] for stopped services and [ ? ] for services without a status command. This option only calls status for sysvinit jobs. EXIT CODES
service calls the init script and returns the status returned by it. FILES
/etc/init.d The directory containing System V init scripts. /{lib,run,etc}/systemd/system The directories containing systemd units. ENVIRONMENT
LANG, LANGUAGE, LC_CTYPE, LC_NUMERIC, LC_TIME, LC_COLLATE, LC_MONETARY, LC_MESSAGES, LC_PAPER, LC_NAME, LC_ADDRESS, LC_TELEPHONE, LC_MEA- SUREMENT, LC_IDENTIFICATION, LC_ALL, TERM, PATH The only environment variables passed to the init scripts. SEE ALSO
/etc/init.d/skeleton update-rc.d(8) init(8) invoke-rc.d(8) systemctl(1) AUTHOR
Miloslav Trmac <mitr@redhat.com>, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Licence: GNU Public Licence v2 (GPLv2) COPYRIGHT
2006 Red Hat, Inc., Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> Jan 206 SERVICE(8)