Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Running scripts from different server Post 302771260 by pavankiran56 on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 05:44:11 AM
Old 02-20-2013
u can try

Code:
ssh -q server-name "command"

just an idea to start with

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running shell scripts on a remote server

Hi - I am running Mac OS X (Terminal) at my current workstation, and I would like to telnet to my local server to run a shell script. The local server is a Solaris machine (don't know the version or the type of Unix being run on it, sorry.) The problem I have is that when I create a #!/bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepintheshort
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running scripts from home

I have created a Bourne shell script that helps with metric counting and it has to be run in a ClearCase view. It has been placed in a directory where if User A cd'd to it and runs it, a bunch of errors occur. Because this is a tool that several users would want access to and the program assumes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastachef
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts in parallel

Hi, Iam having the scripts as follows. i jus want to run those in parallel. main aim is to minimise the time for overall execution of the script. now out.txt is having 1 lac records. script1(split.sh) split -1000 out.txt splitout ls -A splitout* > filelist.txt cat filelist.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts through cronjob.

Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a shell script in crontab file. But anyhow it's not getting executed. Following is the command that I've used in crontab. 30 07 * * * . ./.cronprofile;/om/reports/reportscripts/jitu/prod/prd_pre_to_post.sh 35 11 * * * .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts unattended

Hi guys just wondering how i could make one of my scripts run unattended without the use of cron? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts via su

Hi All, Am using the below command to start my application using the root user su - bin -c "/home/bin/test/start.sh" but am getting the error becaue i have set some environment varibales in bin .profile when i execute the command start.sh by logging directly into bin account it's... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sri24
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running 2 scripts one after the other using cron

I would like to run two scripts using cron one immediately after the other. Is it enough to put them one after another in the cron file to run at the same time, or will this cause them to run concurrently? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3210
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

running scripts in minicom

Hi, I am new to use minicom. I want script to run on minicom with username and password as automated.(Expect). please could anyone suggest the sample code for it. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)