Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print record count of a file using shell script Post 302771253 by balajesuri on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 05:27:20 AM
Old 02-20-2013
Code:
awk 'END{if (NR-2 == 0){print "Zero records"} else {print "Record count: " NR-2}}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count the record count in an EBCDIC file.

How do I get the record count in an EBCDIC file on a Linux Box. :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle8
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record count of a csv file

Hello Gurus, We have a requirement to count the valid number of records in a comma delimited file with double quotes. The catch here is..few records have a new line carriage within the double quotes,,say for ex:we have a file called accounts the record count is 4827..but the actual valid count... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykk
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replaying a record count with another record count

i use unix command to take the record count for a file1 awk 'END{print NR}' filename i already have a file2 which conatin the count like ... .. rec_cnt=100 .. .. I want to replace the record in the file2 using the record i take from file1. suggest me some simple ways of doing it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to get the arrival count of file

Hello All, I have come across a small problem. It would be great if any of you could help me in resolving the issue. one file named dummy.txt will be ftped to Unix machine twice daily. If i receive it second time in a day i need to do some processing with the file. How to find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign record count output of isql to a shell variable ?

isql select count(*) from Table eof How to assign record count output of isql query to a shell variable ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for searching a record,copy to a file and then delete it

Hi, I have a requirement in hand: I have a file with millions of records say file 1.I have another file, say file 2 which has 2000 records in it. The requirement is to read file2 , and remove the read record from file 1 and move i to a seperate file, file 3. For eg: Read file 2, get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumara2010
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Count Based on FileDate using Shell Script

I have file listed in my directory in following format -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test test 4.9M Oct 3 16:06 test20141002150108.txt -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test test 4.9M Oct 4 16:06 test20141003150108.txt -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test test 4.9M Oct 5 16:06 test20141005150108.txt -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 test ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish2014
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for field wise record count for different Files .csv files

Hi, Very good wishes to all! Please help to provide the shell script for generating the record counts in filed wise from the .csv file My question: Source file: Field1 Field2 Field3 abc 12f sLm 1234 hjd 12d Hyd 34 Chn My target file should generate the .csv file with the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kirands
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell: Count The sum of numbers in a file

Hi all; Here is my file: V1.3=4 V1.4=5 V1.1=3 V1.2=6 V1.3=6 Please, can you help me to write a script shell that counts the sum of values in my file (4+5+3+6+6) ? Thank you so much for help. Kind regards. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total record count of all the file present in a directory

Hi All , We need one help on the below requirement.We have multiple pipe delimited .txt file(around 100 .txt files) present on one directory.We need the total record count of all the files present in that directory without header.File format as below : ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
8 Replies
SHELR(1)																  SHELR(1)

NAME
shelr - screencasting for shell ninjas DESCRIPTION
Shelr records terminal output and can replay it. Also you can shere Your records at http://shelr.tv/ or other services. SYNOPSIS
shelr command [id] COMMANDS
record Will record your terminal unless you type exit or Ctrl+D and store it to $HOME/.local/share/shelr/ list lists all your shellcasts. play plays local or remote shellcast. push publish your shellcast dump dump shellcast as json to current directory. EXAMPLES
Record your shellcast: $ shelr record $ # do something ... $ exit List recorded shellcasts: $ shelr list Play local shellcast: $ shelr play 1293702847 # play your own local record $ shelr play record.json # created with shelr dump $ shelr play last # will play most recent local record Play remote shellcast: $ shelr play http://shelr.tv/records/4d1f7c3890820d6144000002.json Publish your shellcast: $ shelr push 1293702847 $ shelr push last # will push most recent local record Setup recording backend: $ shelr backend script $ shelr backend ttyrec BUGS
Windows heh. COPYRIGHT
(C) 2010, 2011, 2012 Antono Vasiljev self@antono.info Licensed under GPLv3+ SEE ALSO
script(1), scriptreplay(1), ttyrec(1), ttyplay(1) April 2012 SHELR(1)