Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a flat file and directory structure Post 302771236 by heros on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 04:49:29 AM
Old 02-20-2013
Create a flat file and directory structure

Hi All,

is there any work around to generate the file and directory structure like below at left side at Output? and exclude all file except .abc .txt

Current Directory structure

Code:
|-------------files
|-----------------dir1
|-----------------dir2
|-----------------dir3
|-----------------dir4
|-----------------dir5
|-----------------dir6
|-----------------dir7
|-----------------dir8
|-------------------IMG
|---------------------IMG001
|---------------------IMG002
|-----------------------1234.abc
|-----------------------abcd.txt
|---------------------IMG
|-----------------------IMG1
|-----------------------IMG2
|-------------------Sample
|---------------------hello
|-----------------------prod
|-------------------------NAD
|---------------------------NAT
|-------------------------TEXT
|---------------------------TEXTILE1
|-----------------------IMAG
|-------------------------IMAG1
|-------------------------IMAG2
|-----------------dir9
|-----------------dir10
|-----------------dir11

print Output file look like this

Code:
1 files    
1.1 Share
1.1.1 dir1
1.1.2 dir2    
1.1.3 dir3
1.1.4 dir4
1.1.5 dir5
1.1.6 dir6
1.1.7 dir7
1.1.8 dir8
1.1.8.1 IMG
1.1.8.1.1 IMG001    
1.1.8.1.2 IMG002    
1.1.8.1.2.1 1234.abc        
1.1.8.1.2.2 abcd.txt    
1.1.8.2 00001            
1.1.8.2.1 IMG                
1.1.8.2.1.1    IMG1            
1.1.8.2.1.2    IMG2            
1.1.8.3    Sample                
1.1.8.3.1 hello                
1.1.8.3.1.1    prod            
1.1.8.3.1.1.1 NAD            
1.1.8.3.1.1.1.1 NAT            
1.1.8.3.1.1.1.2    TEXT        
1.1.8.3.1.1.2.2.1 TEXTILE1    
1.1.8.3.2 00002                
1.1.8.3.2.1 IMAG            
1.1.8.3.2.1.1 IMAG1        
1.1.8.3.2.1.2 IMAG2        
1.1.9 dir9                
1.1.10 dir10            
1.1.11 dir11

Thank you

Last edited by heros; 02-20-2013 at 10:08 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MV files from one directory structure(multiple level) to other directory structure

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will move all the files from source directory structure(multiple levels might exist) to destination directory structure. If a sub folder is source doesnot exist in destination then I have to skip and goto next level. I also need to delete the files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srmadab
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Create this file format structure

This data comes form the table and exported into the file in this format File1 Format weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode2,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_83
4 Replies

3. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file.

Hi How to create a directory structure with getting input from a file. I have file in that following lines are written. ./activemq-4.1.2/activemq-core-4.1.2.jar ./activemq-4.1.2/backport-util-concurrent-2.1.jar ./camel-1.4.0/apache-camel-1.4.0.jar ./camel-1.4.0/lib/activation-1.1.jar... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsjoy2u
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create tar archive without preserving directory structure?

I am adding some individual files to a tar archive and would like them to be added to the archive without any directory hierarchy, even though the files themselves exist in levels of hierarchy. Unfortunately, tar seems to always preserve the directory hierarchy when it adds the files. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Special_K
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find mv and create directory structure

Hi there, I'm trying to pull all my flacs out of my Music collection. I can do it with following command find b/ -name *.flac -exec mv {} flac/ \; which works great except it moves all the flac files to the flac folder. I want it to recreate the original folder the flacs were found in and mv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fistikuffs
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can create the master file through shell to show the tree structure of the directory?

Can we create the master file that show the whole tree structure of the directory till a particular folder? Database that contains four sub repository Sybase,sql,oracle,mysql and sql and oracle contains two subrepostories Siebel and plsql and each repositories contains three folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename last directory in a file structure

I have to write a script to rename the every last sub-directory in a directory structure if the last sub-directory name doesn't contain "submitted". eg: given directory path:/u01/home/somedir somedir can have many subdirectories and each subdirectory inturn has many subdirectories. somedir... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Directory structure

Hello ; ) again Now I have my file like this : DIR2/DIR3 DIR2 DIR2/DIR3/DIR4/DIR5 I am looking for help to create a loop that will create the directory structure. I need something like this : If "DIR2" does not exist > Create IF "DIR2" exist already > check if onther "DIR"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
5 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Create a bash array from a flat file of whitespaces only.

Hi guys and gals... MacBook Pro. OSX 10.13.2, default bash terminal. I have a flat file 1920 bytes in size of whitespaces only. I need to put every single whitespace character into a bash array cell. Below are two methods that work, but both are seriously ugly. The first one requires that I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies
curs_scroll(3X) 														   curs_scroll(3X)

NAME
scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen may be scrolled at the same time. For positive n, the scrl and wscrl routines scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok. RETURN VALUE
These routines return ERR upon failure, and OK (SVr4 only specifies "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful completion. NOTES
Note that scrl and scroll may be macros. The SVr4 documentation says that the optimization of physically scrolling immediately if the scroll region is the entire screen "is" per- formed, not "may be" performed. This implementation deliberately does not guarantee that this will occur, to leave open the possibility of smarter optimization of multiple scroll actions on the next update. Neither the SVr4 nor the XSI documentation specify whether the current attribute or current color-pair of blanks generated by the scroll function is zeroed. Under this implementation it is. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4 describes these functions. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), curs_outopts(3X) curs_scroll(3X)