Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 Zone : Date command in crontab shows delayed(One Hour) output Post 302771195 by judi on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 02:15:02 AM
Old 02-20-2013
Sorry , I dont have any clue and totally confused.. Please be more specific on what else we can check..
Also I did not find any thing interesting (about time settings) in /etc/.profile.. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting the date in crontab command

Hi All, There is a requirement to create a file everyday using the cronjob with the date as its name. any suggestions for the crontab command that'll serve this purpose? e.g. 02 30 * * * touch abcd.`date +%d.%m.%y` needless to say.. this doesn't work.. looking fwd to lots of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date output based on time zone

Hi, We have a server in US and hence while the command "date" is given it gives the output in EDT. If I want the date output in MET, how can I get it. Please let me know how I could do it in the script which is ksh. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

3. Solaris

prtdiag output for Solaris on Fujitsu hardware shows vendor as Sun Microsystems

Hello, I was under the impression that the Header of the prtdiag output shows the hardware vendor information in the section between System Configuration and sun4u/sun4us. But on some Solaris machines which are running on Fujitsu hardware, the vendor is shown as Sun Microsystems in this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chattygk
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Crontab & TOP output

Hello Guru's I'm trying to take the output of solaris top command and output to a txt file every few minutes. The issue that I'm experiencing is that I can run the following: #!/bin/bash # logfile="/usr/mvf/morris/top.log" # echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlemorris
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab in Solaris zone

Hi, I created some cron entries in one of the 4 zones in Solaris 10. Now I want to edit it and unable to find the crontab file crontab -l gives : unable to open crontab file /usr/spool/cron/crontabs doesn't have the crontab file Hence, I did ifconfig -a and tried to login with the 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Global Zone getting crontab info from zone

Hi, First post. I have a script that I am having a little trouble with and I hope someone can help. I will post the code for your input, but I want to read the lines of a file and use this as input to a command in a while loop... #!/bin/sh # # ### Variables MSG=/tmp/tmptest.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
INSTALL-MH(8)							     [nmh-1.5]							     INSTALL-MH(8)

NAME
install-mh - initialize the nmh environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/install-mh [-auto] [-check] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Install-mh is the nmh program to create the initial setup for a first-time nmh user. Install-mh lives in two places for historical rea- sons. The -auto option does things as automatically as possible and makes install-mh less chatty. The user is asked for the name of the directory that will be designated as the user's nmh directory. If this directory does not exist, the user is asked if it should be created. Normally, this directory should be under the user's home directory, and has the default name of ``Mail''. Install-mh writes an initial .mh_profile for the user. As with all nmh commands, install-mh first checks for the existence of the $MH environment variable since that gives the profile path if set. If it isn't set, the $HOME environment variable is consulted to determine the user's home directory. If $HOME is not set, then the /etc/passwd file is consulted. When creating the users initial .mh_profile, install-mh will check for the existence of a global profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile. If found, this will be used to initialize the new .mh_profile. The -check option can be used to check whether or not nmh has been installed. This can be used by other programs to determine whether or not nmh has been installed without their having to know the internals of nmh. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile Used to initialize user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To set the user's nmh directory CONTEXT
With -auto, the current folder is changed to "inbox". MH.6.8 11 June 2012 INSTALL-MH(8)