Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 Zone : Date command in crontab shows delayed(One Hour) output Post 302771195 by judi on Wednesday 20th of February 2013 02:15:02 AM
Old 02-20-2013
Sorry , I dont have any clue and totally confused.. Please be more specific on what else we can check..
Also I did not find any thing interesting (about time settings) in /etc/.profile.. Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting the date in crontab command

Hi All, There is a requirement to create a file everyday using the cronjob with the date as its name. any suggestions for the crontab command that'll serve this purpose? e.g. 02 30 * * * touch abcd.`date +%d.%m.%y` needless to say.. this doesn't work.. looking fwd to lots of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date output based on time zone

Hi, We have a server in US and hence while the command "date" is given it gives the output in EDT. If I want the date output in MET, how can I get it. Please let me know how I could do it in the script which is ksh. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

3. Solaris

prtdiag output for Solaris on Fujitsu hardware shows vendor as Sun Microsystems

Hello, I was under the impression that the Header of the prtdiag output shows the hardware vendor information in the section between System Configuration and sun4u/sun4us. But on some Solaris machines which are running on Fujitsu hardware, the vendor is shown as Sun Microsystems in this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chattygk
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Crontab & TOP output

Hello Guru's I'm trying to take the output of solaris top command and output to a txt file every few minutes. The issue that I'm experiencing is that I can run the following: #!/bin/bash # logfile="/usr/mvf/morris/top.log" # echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlemorris
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab in Solaris zone

Hi, I created some cron entries in one of the 4 zones in Solaris 10. Now I want to edit it and unable to find the crontab file crontab -l gives : unable to open crontab file /usr/spool/cron/crontabs doesn't have the crontab file Hence, I did ifconfig -a and tried to login with the 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Global Zone getting crontab info from zone

Hi, First post. I have a script that I am having a little trouble with and I hope someone can help. I will post the code for your input, but I want to read the lines of a file and use this as input to a command in a while loop... #!/bin/sh # # ### Variables MSG=/tmp/tmptest.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
EPISODER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       EPISODER(1)

NAME
episoder - TV show episode reminder. SYNOPSIS
episoder [options] DESCRIPTION
episoder is a tool to tell you about new episodes of your favourite TV shows Global options -h Show help and quit. -c FILE Use FILE for configuration values (default is ~/.episoder). -b Update episoder's database -B Force-update the database, disregard information on when shows were last updated -v Enable verbose operation -w Enable very verbose (debug) operation -V Show program version and quit -p Show available parsers -l FILE Log to FILE instead of stdout Options for database update -d [YYYY-MM-DD] Remove episodes prior to this date (default: yesterday) -d NUM Remove episodes that aired more than NUM days ago (default: 1) -i Ignore date (don't remove old episodes), overrules -d -f FILE Get data from FILE, ignore configured sources (needs -P) -P PARSER Force PARSER to be used (only in combination with -f) Managing shows -L Display a list of all shows in episoder's database -a URL Add the show located at URL to the database -r ID Remove the show with the number ID from the database -E ID Enable updates for the show with the number ID -D ID Disable updates for the show with the number ID Options for console output -d [YYYY-MM-DD] Only show episodes newer than date (default: yesterday) -d NUM Only show episodes that are less then NUM days old (default: 1) -i Ignore date (overrules -d and -n) -n DAYS Number of future DAYS to show (default: 2). This value is relative to the date set with -d. -s TEXT Search the database for TEXT -C Don't show any colors in the output CONFIG FILE
The configuration file consists of a section with settings for the program and a list of sources to be used to build the database. agent=foo Set the user-agent string to be used by wget (was required when tvtome blocked wget, might not be needed nowadays) data=/path/to/file Specifies the file to be used to store the information about upcoming shows. If, instead of a file, you supply a database url (as expected by sqlalchemy, eg. 'mysql://localhost/episoder'), episoder is going to use that database for storage instead. src=http://some.web.add/ress Each src entry specifies a URL with episode information. Make sure you have the appropriate plugin before adding random new URLs (check with -p). Episoder currently understands the following types of source: src=http://www.epguides.com/CSI/ src=http://www.tv.com/CSI/show/19/ While this in no longer episoder's way of knowing which shows to parse (see ``Managing shows''), for compatibility reasons all shows listed in the config file will automatically be added to episoder's show database (as if specified with -a). format=unquoted format string This allows you to customize episoder's output. Available fields are: %airdate The episode's airdate as YYYY-MM-DD %show Name of the show %season Current season %epnum Episode's number in season %eptitle Title of the episode %totalep Episode's total number %prodnum Production number If undefined, the default value of %airdate %show %seasonx%epnum (eg. "2005-07-29 Monk 4x04") is used. dateformat=unquoted string describing the format Here you can define the date format you'd like to be used for the output. To get a list of all possible fields, see date(1). The default is %a, %b %d, %Y CRON
You might want to have your episode db rebuilt on a regular basis (i.e. daily). The easiest way to achieve this is with a simple cron job: crontab -l > crontab echo "40 5 * * * episoder -b" >> crontab crontab crontab FILES
~/.episoder - default configuration file AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stefan Ott SEE ALSO
crontab(1). EPISODER(1)