Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing FFTW - ./configure --enable-mpi error. Post 302771110 by DGPickett on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 04:42:45 PM
Old 02-19-2013
Are there shared libraries you need to path in?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./configure error

Hey, i'm trying to use httptunnel and it won't let me configure it. here's what the cmnd line gives me: pbg4% ./configure creating cache ./config.cache checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking whether make sets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macaddictg4
4 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

fftw libraries

hi everyone, I need fftw3 libraries (FFTW Installation on the MacOS) but I can't succeed in installing them on my Mac OSX. I tried with "./configure make make install" procedure, fink and macports but my programs always ask me "fftw.h" files? can you help me? thank you!! ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: federico_tn84
12 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

MPI error message and other applicatioins

1st,I'm a newbie. I've written a mpi program to realize the parallel computing and encounter many problems. 1. When the computing scale is small, that means the communication time is short, just needs few minutes, such as 14 minutes or less. The program runs well and finished the jog. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystline
0 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

MPI - Error on sending argv

Hi all, I write a simple MPI program to send a text message to another process. The code is below. (test.c) #include "mpi.h" #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> int main(int argc, char* argv) { int dest, noProcesses, processId; MPI_Status status; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: awiles
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for enable ports error=13

Hi, I am triying to run this script in order to find the pid for each open port and when I run it in one server it give me an error and for another server is not showing the same error. Below I pasted the script and the result. script #!/usr/bin/ksh print "Port PID ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fede_mont
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Runtime Error Enable user directory apache

Hi I am exactly according to this link CentOS 6 - Apache httpd - Enable Userdir : Server World I Enabled userDirectory Server version: Apache/2.2.15 CentOS release 6.8 (Final) But Iget this Error Forbidden You don't have permission to access /~mn/index.html on this server Goal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
2 Replies
execstack(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      execstack(8)

NAME
execstack - tool to set, clear, or query executable stack flag of ELF binaries and shared libraries SYNOPSIS
execstack [OPTION...] [FILES] DESCRIPTION
execstack is a program which sets, clears, or queries executable stack flag of ELF binaries and shared libraries. Linux has in the past allowed execution of instructions on the stack and there are lots of binaries and shared libraries assuming this behaviour. Furthermore, GCC trampoline code for e.g. nested functions requires executable stack on many architectures. To avoid breaking binaries and shared libraries which need executable stack, ELF binaries and shared libraries now can be marked as requiring executable stack or not requiring it. This marking is done through the p_flags field in the PT_GNU_STACK program header entry. If the marking is missing, kernel or dynamic linker need to assume it might need executable stack. The marking is done automatically by recent GCC versions (objects using trampolines on the stack are marked as requiring executable stack, all other newly built objects are marked as not requiring it) and linker collects these markings into marking of the whole binary or shared library. The user can override this at assembly time (through --execstack or --noexecstack assembler options), at link time (through -z execstack or -z noexecstack linker options) and using the execstack tool also on an already linker binary or shared library. This tool is especially useful for third party shared libraries where it is known that they don't need executable stack or testing proves it. OPTIONS
-s --set-execstack Mark binary or shared library as requiring executable stack. -c --clear-execstack Mark binary or shared library as not requiring executable stack. -q --query Query executable stack marking of binaries and shared libraries. For each file it prints either - when executable stack is not required, X when executable stack is required or ? when it is unknown whether the object requires or doesn't require executable stack (the marking is missing). -V Print execstack version and exit. -? --help Print help message. --usage Print a short usage message. ARGUMENTS
Command line arguments should be names of ELF binaries and shared libraries which should be modified or queried. EXAMPLES
# execstack -s ~/lib/libfoo.so.1 will mark ~/lib/libfoo.so.1 as requiring executable stack. # execstack -c ~/bin/bar will mark ~/bin/bar as not requiring executable stack. # execstack -q ~/lib/libfoo.so.1 ~/bin/bar will query executable stack marking of the given files. SEE ALSO
ld.so(8). BUGS
execstack doesn't support yet marking of executables if they do not have PT_GNU_STACK program header entry nor they have room for program segment header table growth. AUTHORS
Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com>. 28 October 2003 execstack(8)