Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL for postfix or sendmail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ACL for postfix or sendmail Post 302771052 by DGPickett on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 12:16:37 PM
Old 02-19-2013
And you want different sending domains to relay to different mail servers?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem under mailx/sendmail command

Update: Problem solved with this command: /opt/soc/bin/postfix-setup ================================ Hi, I am trying the following mailx command: sadm@edwardwi-z:/etc$ mailx ewijaya@gmail.com Subject: test foo . . EOT But it gives the following error ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail tranmission issue: Postfix/Sendmail

Hi, I have email that is being routed from one server to another server it seems. The sending server has postfix running and the receiving server has sendmail running. The sendmail status is receiving connection. The sending server cannot seem to reach the receiving server. Error logs state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Replace sendmail with Postfix

Hi, I am assigned to replace sendmail with Postfix in solaris 10. Can anyone please tell what are the steps should be taken like files to backup and what are the configurations should be taken care and so on??????? Appreciate any help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

French characters in postfix/sendmail

Hello again, How can I send emails via postfix with special characters like "à" via postfix. When I'm paste-ing the special character inside a editor (nano) it shows like this --> � ... any tips? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galford
1 Replies
PPPOE-RELAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-RELAY(8)

NAME
pppoe-relay - user-space PPPoE relay agent. SYNOPSIS
pppoe-relay [options] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-relay is a user-space relay agent for PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) for Linux. pppoe-relay works in concert with the pppoe client and pppoe-server server. See the OPERATION section later in this manual for details on how pppoe-relay works. OPTIONS
-S interface Adds the Ethernet interface interface to the list of interfaces managed by pppoe-relay. Only PPPoE servers may be connected to this interface. -C interface Adds the Ethernet interface interface to the list of interfaces managed by pppoe-relay. Only PPPoE clients may be connected to this interface. -B interface Adds the Ethernet interface interface to the list of interfaces managed by pppoe-relay. Both PPPoE clients and servers may be con- nected to this interface. -n num Allows at most num concurrent PPPoE sessions. If not specified, the default is 5000. num can range from 1 to 65534. -i timeout Specifies the session idle timeout. If both peers in a session are idle for more than timeout seconds, the session is terminated. If timeout is specified as zero, sessions will never be terminated because of idleness. Note that the idle-session expiry routine is never run more frequently than every 30 seconds, so the timeout is approximate. The default value for timeout is 600 seconds (10 minutes.) -F The -F option causes pppoe-relay not to fork into the background; instead, it remains in the foreground. -h The -h option prints a brief usage message and exits. OPERATION
pppoe-relay listens for incoming PPPoE PADI frames on all interfaces specified with -B or -C options. When a PADI frame appears, pppoe- relay adds a Relay-Session-ID tag and broadcasts the PADI on all interfaces specified with -B or -S options (except the interface on which the frame arrived.) Any PADO frames received are relayed back to the client which sent the PADI (assuming they contain valid Relay-Session-ID tags.) Likewise, PADR frames from clients are relayed back to the matching access concentrator. When a PADS frame is received, pppoe-relay enters the two peers' MAC addresses and session-ID's into a hash table. (The session-ID seen by the access concentrator may be different from that seen by the client; pppoe-relay must renumber sessions to avoid the possibility of duplicate session-ID's.) Whenever either peer sends a session frame, pppoe-relay looks up the session entry in the hash table and relays the frame to the correct peer. When a PADT frame is received, pppoe-relay relays it to the peer and deletes the session entry from its hash table. If a client and server crash (or frames are lost), PADT frames may never be sent, and pppoe-relay's hash table can fill up with stale ses- sions. Therefore, a session-cleaning routine runs periodically, and removes old sessions from the hash table. A session is considered "old" if no traffic has been seen within timeout seconds. When a session is deleted because of a timeout, a PADT frame is sent to each peer to make certain that they are aware the session has been killed. EXAMPLE INVOCATIONS
pppoe-relay -C eth0 -S eth1 The example above relays frames between PPPoE clients on the eth0 network and PPPoE servers on the eth1 network. pppoe-relay -B eth0 -B eth1 This example is a transparent relay -- frames are relayed between any mix of clients and servers on the eth0 and eth1 networks. pppoe-relay -S eth0 -C eth1 -C eth2 -C eth3 This example relays frames between servers on the eth0 network and clients on the eth1, eth2 and eth3 networks. AUTHORS
pppoe-relay was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe(8), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 26 January 2001 PPPOE-RELAY(8)