Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 Zone : Date command in crontab shows delayed(One Hour) output Post 302770988 by judi on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 08:33:14 AM
Old 02-19-2013
yes I modified the test.sh, Now the output is perfect, still I am afraid this cannot be advised to all users and application cronjobs right ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting the date in crontab command

Hi All, There is a requirement to create a file everyday using the cronjob with the date as its name. any suggestions for the crontab command that'll serve this purpose? e.g. 02 30 * * * touch abcd.`date +%d.%m.%y` needless to say.. this doesn't work.. looking fwd to lots of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date output based on time zone

Hi, We have a server in US and hence while the command "date" is given it gives the output in EDT. If I want the date output in MET, how can I get it. Please let me know how I could do it in the script which is ksh. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

3. Solaris

prtdiag output for Solaris on Fujitsu hardware shows vendor as Sun Microsystems

Hello, I was under the impression that the Header of the prtdiag output shows the hardware vendor information in the section between System Configuration and sun4u/sun4us. But on some Solaris machines which are running on Fujitsu hardware, the vendor is shown as Sun Microsystems in this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chattygk
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Crontab & TOP output

Hello Guru's I'm trying to take the output of solaris top command and output to a txt file every few minutes. The issue that I'm experiencing is that I can run the following: #!/bin/bash # logfile="/usr/mvf/morris/top.log" # echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlemorris
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab in Solaris zone

Hi, I created some cron entries in one of the 4 zones in Solaris 10. Now I want to edit it and unable to find the crontab file crontab -l gives : unable to open crontab file /usr/spool/cron/crontabs doesn't have the crontab file Hence, I did ifconfig -a and tried to login with the 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Global Zone getting crontab info from zone

Hi, First post. I have a script that I am having a little trouble with and I hope someone can help. I will post the code for your input, but I want to read the lines of a file and use this as input to a command in a while loop... #!/bin/sh # # ### Variables MSG=/tmp/tmptest.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
DTRACE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 DTRACE(1)

NAME
dtrace - Dtrace compatibile user application static probe generation tool. SYNOPSIS
dtrace -s file [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The dtrace command converts probe descriptions defined in file.d into a probe header file via the -h option or a probe description file via the -G option. OPTIONS
-h generate a systemtap header file. -G generate a systemtap probe definition object file. -o file is the name of the output file. If the -G option is given then the output file will be called file.o; if the -h option is given then the output file will be called file.h. -C run the cpp preprocessor on the input file when the -h option is given. -I file give this include path to cpp when the -C option is given. -k keep temporary files, for example the C language source for the -G option. --types generate probe argument typedef information when the -h option is given. EXAMPLES
Systemtap is source compatible with dtrace user application static probe support. Given a file test.d containing: provider sdt_probes { probe test_0 (int type); probe test_1 (struct astruct node); }; struct astruct {int a; int b;}; Then the command "dtrace -s test.d -G" will create the probe definition file test.o and the command "dtrace -s test.d -h" will create the probe header file test.h Subsequently the application can define probes using #include "test.h" ... struct astruct s; ... SDT_PROBES_TEST_0(value); ... SDT_PROBES_TEST_1(s); The application is linked with "test.o" when it is built. SEE ALSO
stap(1) stappaths(7) DTRACE(1)