Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 9 Zone : Date command in crontab shows delayed(One Hour) output Post 302770937 by jlliagre on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 06:08:27 AM
Old 02-19-2013
Did you modify the test.sh script as I suggested ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting the date in crontab command

Hi All, There is a requirement to create a file everyday using the cronjob with the date as its name. any suggestions for the crontab command that'll serve this purpose? e.g. 02 30 * * * touch abcd.`date +%d.%m.%y` needless to say.. this doesn't work.. looking fwd to lots of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date output based on time zone

Hi, We have a server in US and hence while the command "date" is given it gives the output in EDT. If I want the date output in MET, how can I get it. Please let me know how I could do it in the script which is ksh. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

3. Solaris

prtdiag output for Solaris on Fujitsu hardware shows vendor as Sun Microsystems

Hello, I was under the impression that the Header of the prtdiag output shows the hardware vendor information in the section between System Configuration and sun4u/sun4us. But on some Solaris machines which are running on Fujitsu hardware, the vendor is shown as Sun Microsystems in this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chattygk
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Crontab & TOP output

Hello Guru's I'm trying to take the output of solaris top command and output to a txt file every few minutes. The issue that I'm experiencing is that I can run the following: #!/bin/bash # logfile="/usr/mvf/morris/top.log" # echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlemorris
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Df -k command shows duplicate information in Solaris machine, How to get the exact disk space

While getting the total disk space in solaris machine using df -k command, i am getting the same disk info for every user available in that system. Is there any way to remove it. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris 573898752... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab in Solaris zone

Hi, I created some cron entries in one of the 4 zones in Solaris 10. Now I want to edit it and unable to find the crontab file crontab -l gives : unable to open crontab file /usr/spool/cron/crontabs doesn't have the crontab file Hence, I did ifconfig -a and tried to login with the 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Global Zone getting crontab info from zone

Hi, First post. I have a script that I am having a little trouble with and I hope someone can help. I will post the code for your input, but I want to read the lines of a file and use this as input to a command in a while loop... #!/bin/sh # # ### Variables MSG=/tmp/tmptest.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakelly
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone

I am planning to do solaris 11 global zone patching having solaris 10 branded zone. I have a doubts on step 8 specially Can someone clear my step 8 doubts or if anything wrong between step 1 to step 9 please correct that also as I have pretty good idea about Step 10 mean patching in solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab - maintain crontab files for individual users (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] [-l | -r | -e] DESCRIPTION
Crontab is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in ISC Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the cron.allow file does not exist but the cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, only the super user will be allowed to use this command. If the -u option is given, it specifies the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines "your" crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(8) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(8) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename ``-'' is given. The -l option causes the current crontab to be displayed on standard output. The -r option causes the current crontab to be removed. The -e option is used to edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) FILES
/etc/cron.allow /etc/cron.deny STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std1003.2-1992 (``POSIX''). This new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> 4th Berkeley Distribution 29 December 1993 CRONTAB(1)