Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL for postfix or sendmail
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ACL for postfix or sendmail Post 302770910 by safsound on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 03:16:02 AM
Old 02-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Possible in sendmail but if it takes rewrite rules, very demanding. You mean incoming mail will be relayed to one of several hosts by domain? Nothing delivered locally? Or are you talking about outgoing mail? ACL is a file permission thing, usually.

Postfix is pretty standard about this sort of thing: Postfix SMTP relay and access control
Yes, i just want relay (outgoing) somes network to use my MTA, no local mail, example :

somes network -------> my MTA -----> outgoing mail (all destination)

i want filter somes network/domain from incoming but nothing to outgoing,

But i need to match network with his domain. not just allow a domain incoming or network incoming but twice

i see access control for postfix but i dont find any configuration example to help me

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Problem under mailx/sendmail command

Update: Problem solved with this command: /opt/soc/bin/postfix-setup ================================ Hi, I am trying the following mailx command: sadm@edwardwi-z:/etc$ mailx ewijaya@gmail.com Subject: test foo . . EOT But it gives the following error ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
0 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

postfix queue filling up (from sendmail?)

What is filling up my postfix queue (/var/spool/postfix/deferred/)? I had a perl script running via crontab to monitor my IP connection and send me a mail via sendmail. Now I have a huge queue of emails I keep getting. I've removed the crontab and the script. If I clear out... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumakuma
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail tranmission issue: Postfix/Sendmail

Hi, I have email that is being routed from one server to another server it seems. The sending server has postfix running and the receiving server has sendmail running. The sendmail status is receiving connection. The sending server cannot seem to reach the receiving server. Error logs state... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Replace sendmail with Postfix

Hi, I am assigned to replace sendmail with Postfix in solaris 10. Can anyone please tell what are the steps should be taken like files to backup and what are the configurations should be taken care and so on??????? Appreciate any help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bpsunadm
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

French characters in postfix/sendmail

Hello again, How can I send emails via postfix with special characters like "à" via postfix. When I'm paste-ing the special character inside a editor (nano) it shows like this --> � ... any tips? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: galford
1 Replies
Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP::XFORWARD(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP::XFORWARD(3pm)

NAME
Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP::XFORWARD - A module to add support to the XFORWARD command in Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP SYNOPSIS
use Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP; my @local_domains = qw(example.com example.org); my $server = new IO::Socket::INET Listen => 1, LocalPort => 25; my $conn; while($conn = $server->accept) { my $esmtp = new Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP socket => $conn; # activate some extensions $esmtp->register('Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP::XFORWARD'); # adding some handlers $esmtp->set_callback(RCPT => &validate_recipient); $esmtp->process(); $conn->close() } sub validate_recipient { my($session, $recipient) = @_; my $domain; if($recipient =~ /@(.*)>s*$/) { $domain = $1; } if(not defined $domain) { return(0, 513, 'Syntax error.'); } elsif(not(grep $domain eq $_, @local_domains) && $session->get_forwarded_addr != "10.1.1.1") { return(0, 554, "$recipient: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied"); } return(1); } DESCRIPTION
When using a Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP script inside a MTA and not in front of Internet, values like client IP address are not accessible to the script and when the script returns mail to an other instance of smtpd daemon, it logs "localhost" as incoming address. To solve this problem, some administrators use the XFORWARD command. This module gives the ability to read and store XFORWARD informations. METHODS These methods return the values set by the upstream MTA without modifying them so they can be set to undef or "[UNVAILABLE]". See Postfix documentation for more. o get_forwarded_values : returns a hash reference containing all values forwarded (keys in lower case). o get_forwarded_name : returns the up-stream hostname. The hostname may be a non-DNS hostname. o get_forwarded_address : returns the up-stream network address. Address information is not enclosed with []. The address may be a non-IP address. o get_forwarded_source : returns LOCAL or REMOTE. o get_forwarded_helo : returns the hostname that the up-stream host announced itself. It may be a non-DNS hostname. o get_forwarded_proto : returns the mail protocol for receiving mail from the up-stream host. This may be an SMTP or non-SMTP protocol name of up to 64 characters. SEE ALSO
Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP, <http://www.postfix.org/XFORWARD_README.html> AUTHOR
Xavier Guimard, <x.guimard@free.fr> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Xavier Guimard This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.6.4 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 167: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.10.0 2007-04-09 Net::Server::Mail::ESMTP::XFORWARD(3pm)