Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strace help
Operating Systems Linux Android Strace help Post 302770823 by far001han on Monday 18th of February 2013 01:08:02 PM
Old 02-18-2013
Strace help (Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
What does the log say as to why it stopped?

-s strsize Specify the maximum string size to print (the default is 32).
Note that filenames are not considered strings and are always printed in full.
I think strace command is being run for /bin/sh and '&' command is executing the second part of command by just starting the application. so basically its not stracing the app. two commands are indipendtly executing

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help running strace

OK so I wanted to know how does grep outputs to the pipe and how sort reads from it. So I run a strace over "grep blah myfile | sort" and this is what I got: open("myfile", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 3 fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0600, st_size=84, ...}) = 0 read(3, "blah blah and blah cause of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klam
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strace

Hi Gurus, I need to trace a sqlplus session using strace. Can someone please provide me the syntax. sorry was not able to figure out by reading the man page. :-( i tried to do as below but getting the error xt33db006/u1/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/asm_1$ strace -f sqlplus '/as sysdba'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ioctl : strace

Hi All, int ioctl(int d, int request, ...); Can somebody tell me how does ioctl decides the input parameter: "request". Sometimes, its SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS or FIONREAD...etc. What is the pattern?? I am asking this coz my strace returns this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strace

Hi, does anyone know the equivalent command of the following in AIX : $ strace -tp 15033 Process 15033 attached - interrupt to quit 11:28:06 gettimeofday({1257766086, 104118}, NULL) = 0 11:28:06 getrusage(RUSAGE_SELF, {ru_utime={2270, 615813}, ru_stime={0, 634903}, ...}) = 0 Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help on strace output

Hi All, Good day, need some help on strace result. We're encountering oracle Database server connection slowness (using sqlplus login to db server, there have 1 or 2 secs delay) we had generated strace and provide to oracle to investigate, and they told us it look like OS problem (Our OS is Red... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klng
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Running strace command

I want to run the strace -p xxxx -o in a script to monitor a process that hangs sometimes and requires a restart, my question is if strace is constantly running in the background will it chew up system resources and cause the system slowness? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wereyou
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Strace rpm requirement for RHEL 5.9

I have requirement for strace utility rpm package for RHEL 5.9. I have made a google for last 1 hr. but did not find the required one. Can any one help me out to find out the compatible rpm package of strace for Redhat 5.9 version (I require 64 bit version). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
7 Replies
AUTRACE:(8)                                               System Administration Utilities                                              AUTRACE:(8)

NAME
autrace - a program similar to strace SYNOPSIS
autrace program [-r] [program-args]... DESCRIPTION
autrace is a program that will add the audit rules to trace a process similar to strace. It will then execute the program passing arguments to it. The resulting audit information will be in the audit logs if the audit daemon is running or syslog. This command deletes all audit rules prior to executing the target program and after executing it. As a safety precaution, it will not run unless all rules are deleted with auditctl prior to use. OPTIONS
-r Limit syscalls collected to ones needed for analyzing resource usage. This could help people doing threat modeling. This saves space in logs. EXAMPLES
The following illustrates a typical session: autrace /bin/ls /tmp ausearch --start recent -p 2442 -i and for resource usage mode: autrace -r /bin/ls ausearch --start recent -p 2450 --raw | aureport --file --summary ausearch --start recent -p 2450 --raw | aureport --host --summary SEE ALSO
ausearch(8), auditctl(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb Red Hat Jan 2007 AUTRACE:(8)