Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Strace help
Operating Systems Linux Android Strace help Post 302770812 by far001han on Monday 18th of February 2013 12:29:07 PM
Old 02-18-2013
Strace help (Android)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
My googling says android has bourne sh, which has $! normally.

---------- Post updated at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:48 AM ----------

If it is reading stdin, no problem. You can strace in the background, too, so the command is in the foreground and you can type:
Code:
$ strace -fvxs 99999 -o /tmp/this_trace.tr -p $$ & am start com.android.mail

what is 99999 used for??

---------- Post updated at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
My googling says android has bourne sh, which has $! normally.

---------- Post updated at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:48 AM ----------

If it is reading stdin, no problem. You can strace in the background, too, so the command is in the foreground and you can type:
Code:
$ strace -fvxs 99999 -o /tmp/this_trace.tr -p $$ & am start com.android.mail

I used the command as you mentioned except 99999 as it didnt accept the argument. Everything is fine , but the strace exits as soon as the application opens. Is there a way to contine running the strace even after the application opens

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help running strace

OK so I wanted to know how does grep outputs to the pipe and how sort reads from it. So I run a strace over "grep blah myfile | sort" and this is what I got: open("myfile", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 3 fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0600, st_size=84, ...}) = 0 read(3, "blah blah and blah cause of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klam
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strace

Hi Gurus, I need to trace a sqlplus session using strace. Can someone please provide me the syntax. sorry was not able to figure out by reading the man page. :-( i tried to do as below but getting the error xt33db006/u1/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/asm_1$ strace -f sqlplus '/as sysdba'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ioctl : strace

Hi All, int ioctl(int d, int request, ...); Can somebody tell me how does ioctl decides the input parameter: "request". Sometimes, its SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS or FIONREAD...etc. What is the pattern?? I am asking this coz my strace returns this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strace

Hi, does anyone know the equivalent command of the following in AIX : $ strace -tp 15033 Process 15033 attached - interrupt to quit 11:28:06 gettimeofday({1257766086, 104118}, NULL) = 0 11:28:06 getrusage(RUSAGE_SELF, {ru_utime={2270, 615813}, ru_stime={0, 634903}, ...}) = 0 Thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help on strace output

Hi All, Good day, need some help on strace result. We're encountering oracle Database server connection slowness (using sqlplus login to db server, there have 1 or 2 secs delay) we had generated strace and provide to oracle to investigate, and they told us it look like OS problem (Our OS is Red... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klng
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Running strace command

I want to run the strace -p xxxx -o in a script to monitor a process that hangs sometimes and requires a restart, my question is if strace is constantly running in the background will it chew up system resources and cause the system slowness? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wereyou
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Strace rpm requirement for RHEL 5.9

I have requirement for strace utility rpm package for RHEL 5.9. I have made a google for last 1 hr. but did not find the required one. Can any one help me out to find out the compatible rpm package of strace for Redhat 5.9 version (I require 64 bit version). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)