Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Formatting the file using pattern Post 302770379 by rbalaj16 on Friday 15th of February 2013 12:55:48 PM
Old 02-15-2013
Thanks all. it works fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a pattern in file and deleting th ewhole line containing the pattern

Hi All, Please can someone assist in the script I have made that searches a pattern in a file and delete the whole line containing the pattern. #!bin/sh # The pattern that user want to add to the files echo "Enter the pattern of the redirect" read value # check if the user has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shazin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the pattern and replacing the pattern inside the file

i have little challenge, help me out.i have a file where i have a value declared and and i have to replace the value when called. for example i have the value for abc and ccc. now i have to substitute the value of value abc and ccc in the place of them. Input File: go to &abc=ddd; if... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting textfile based on pattern and name new file after pattern

Hi there, I am pretty new to those things, so I couldn't figure out how to solve this, and if it is actually that easy. just found that awk could help:(. so i have a textfile with strings and numbers (originally copy pasted from word, therefore some empty cells) in the following structure: SC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: luja
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify file pattern, take count of pattern, then act

Guys - Need your ideas on a section of code to finish something up. To make a long story short, I'm parsing a print output file that goes to pre-printed forms. I'm intercepting it, parsing it, formatting it, cutting it up into individual pages, grabbing the text I want in zones, building an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampsys
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies
PSIZE(1)							  PDB2PQR Manual							  PSIZE(1)

NAME
psize - Get dimensions and other information from PQR files SYNOPSIS
psize [--cfact=value] [--fadd=value] [--space=value] [--gememfac=value] [--gememceil=value] [--ofrac=value] [--redfac=value] {pqrfile} psize {--help | -h} DESCRIPTION
psize derives information from PQR files to preprare the models of proteins and chemicals for electrostatics calculations. The tool calculates dimensions for coarse and fine grids, grid spacings, box size and estimates the memory required to perform an electrostatics calculation. The calculation of this information can be influenced by giving constraints to psize as parameters. OPTIONS
psize accepts the following options: --help, -h Print a help message and exit. --cfact=value Factor by which to expand the molecule dimensions to get the coarse grid dimensions --fadd=value Amount to add to the molecule dimensions to get the fine grid dimensions. --space=value Desired fine mesh resolution. --gememfac=value Number of bytes per grid point required for sequential MG calculation. --gememceil=value Maximum MB allowed for sequential MG calculation. Adjust this to force the script to perform faster calculations (which require more parallelism). --ofrac=value Overlap factor between mesh partitions. --redfac=value Maximum factor by which a domain dimension can be reduced during focusing. SEE ALSO
apbs(1), pdb2pqr(1) AUTHOR
Manuel Prinz <debian@pinguinkiste.de> Wrote this manpage for the Debian System. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Manuel Prinz psize 2008-06-04 PSIZE(1)