Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Production to DR switch
Special Forums IP Networking Production to DR switch Post 302770375 by bakunin on Friday 15th of February 2013 11:54:06 AM
Old 02-15-2013
There is not so much "to do" - of course you can write such a high-availability system yourself. We will talk again a few years from now, probably....

What you have to do is to install such a high-availability software and form a cluster. There are several such software out there: HACMP, Veritas, Beowulf, NonStop-Cluster and probably a few dozen others. As you mentioned you run on Itanium i assume you have HP-Ux as OS, so you will probably need to install NonStop Cluster from HP.

I suggest you read up about "Failover-Clusters" and "active-passive clusters", as this is what you describe.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help.. ! Production Env.

Hi ! I want to delete a softlink... with a name.. " -> ALCATEL " FYI:- lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 32 Dec 3 2007 COX -> /wlsuite/om/cm/build/sandbox/COX lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 33 Jul 21 05:52 WL10 -> /wlsuite/om-cm/build/sandbox/WL10 lrwxrwxrwx 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To know the server which the production is pointing to?

Hi, How to know which server(Application or webserver) the production link or url is pointing to? Is there any command to get the server IP address? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

4. BSD

Copying OpenBSD Kernel from a non production to production machine

Hi All, There are few OpenBSD 4.8 servers without compiler installed at my working place. However, sometimes there are some patches released for patching the kernel. My question is: Can I setup a non production OpenBSD 4.8 server as a test machine with compiler installed and use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
1 Replies
sc_zonesd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     sc_zonesd(1M)

NAME
sc_zonesd - Sun Cluster zone administration daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/cluster/lib/sc/sc_zonesd DESCRIPTION
The sc_zonesd daemon is a system daemon that is used by Sun Cluster software to track and manage non-global zones. This daemon initially starts when the system comes up. The daemon runs in the global zone only. DIAGNOSTICS
All diagnostic messages are logged through the syslog function. NOTES
The sc_zonesd daemon must be started in superuser mode. The sc_zonesd daemon is controlled by the SMF service sc_zones. The cluster software requires this daemon to run for non-global zone sup- port. If the daemon is killed or if the SMF service is disabled, the cluster node will panic. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
syslog(3C), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 19 May 2006 sc_zonesd(1M)