Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Production to DR switch
Special Forums IP Networking Production to DR switch Post 302770375 by bakunin on Friday 15th of February 2013 11:54:06 AM
Old 02-15-2013
There is not so much "to do" - of course you can write such a high-availability system yourself. We will talk again a few years from now, probably....

What you have to do is to install such a high-availability software and form a cluster. There are several such software out there: HACMP, Veritas, Beowulf, NonStop-Cluster and probably a few dozen others. As you mentioned you run on Itanium i assume you have HP-Ux as OS, so you will probably need to install NonStop Cluster from HP.

I suggest you read up about "Failover-Clusters" and "active-passive clusters", as this is what you describe.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help.. ! Production Env.

Hi ! I want to delete a softlink... with a name.. " -> ALCATEL " FYI:- lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 32 Dec 3 2007 COX -> /wlsuite/om/cm/build/sandbox/COX lrwxrwxrwx 1 infomcm develop 33 Jul 21 05:52 WL10 -> /wlsuite/om-cm/build/sandbox/WL10 lrwxrwxrwx 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable

hi, how to access console of a switch having rj45 on switch side to db 9 female on pc side console cable which needs to be connected to one console server having rj11 on its side and db 9 female on other end.i.e. on switch side,console cable has rj45 and db 9 pin female connector on other side of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To know the server which the production is pointing to?

Hi, How to know which server(Application or webserver) the production link or url is pointing to? Is there any command to get the server IP address? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

4. BSD

Copying OpenBSD Kernel from a non production to production machine

Hi All, There are few OpenBSD 4.8 servers without compiler installed at my working place. However, sometimes there are some patches released for patching the kernel. My question is: Can I setup a non production OpenBSD 4.8 server as a test machine with compiler installed and use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
1 Replies
MIXERCTL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       MIXERCTL(1)

NAME
mixerctl -- control audio mixing SYNOPSIS
mixerctl [-d file] [-n] [-v] -a mixerctl [-d file] [-n] [-v] name ... mixerctl [-d file] [-n] -w name=value ... mixerctl [-d file] [-n] -w name++ ... mixerctl [-d file] [-n] -w name-- ... mixerctl [-d file] [-n] -w name+=value ... mixerctl [-d file] [-n] -w name-=value ... DESCRIPTION
The mixerctl command displays or sets various audio system mixing variables. If a list of variables is present on the command line, then mixerctl prints the current value of those variables for the specified device. If the -a flag is specified, all variables for the device are printed. If the -w flag is specified, mixerctl attempts to set the specified variables to the given values. The -d flag can be used to give an alternative mixer device. The default is /dev/mixer. The -n flag suppresses printing of the variable name. The -v flag shows the possible values of enumeration and set valued variables. Enumerated values are shown in brackets (``[]'') and set val- ues are shown in curly braces (``{}''). The exact set of controls that can be manipulated depends on the mixer. The general format (in both getting and setting a value) is class.name = value class can have values like inputs or outputs, indicating that the control affects the input or output of the mixer, respectively. name indi- cates what part of the mixer the control affects. Continuous mixer values, e.g., volume, have numeric values in the range 0-255. If value can be set for each channel independently, the values are printed separated by commas. Discrete mixer values, e.g., the recording source, have symbolic names. Depending on the mixer it may either be an enumeration or a set. The suffixes ++ and -- can be used to step through the values of a mixer control. For numeric controls, these operators increase or decrease, respectively, the value by an amount (the delta) suitable to make the control assume the next possible value. For binary controls, these operators toggle between on and off. The operators += and -= change the value of a mixer control by the indicated number of steps. ENVIRONMENT
MIXERDEVICE the mixer device to use. FILES
/dev/mixer mixer audio device /etc/mixerctl.conf mixer configuration file EXAMPLES
The command mixerctl -a -v can produce inputs.mic=0,0 volume inputs.mic.mute=off [ off on ] inputs.cd=220,220 volume inputs.cd.mute=off [ off on ] inputs.dac=220,220 volume inputs.dac.mute=off [ off on ] record.record=220,220 volume record.record.source=mic [ mic cd dac ] monitor.monitor=0 volume COMPATIBILITY
The old -f flag is still supported. This support will be removed eventually. SEE ALSO
audioctl(1), audio(4), mixerctl.conf(5), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The mixerctl command first appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
August 15, 2008 BSD