Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Formatting the file using pattern Post 302770343 by rbalaj16 on Friday 15th of February 2013 10:08:30 AM
Old 02-15-2013
Formatting the file using pattern

Hi,

Please suggest the suitable command for my below requirement.

I have a file with greater than symbol (>) in many places in a file.
For example,
Code:
abcd>drfg>gdh

i want the output file like,
Code:
abcd>
drfg>
gdh>

Please suggest. Thanks.

Last edited by vbe; 02-15-2013 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: code tags please for your data or code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a pattern in file and deleting th ewhole line containing the pattern

Hi All, Please can someone assist in the script I have made that searches a pattern in a file and delete the whole line containing the pattern. #!bin/sh # The pattern that user want to add to the files echo "Enter the pattern of the redirect" read value # check if the user has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shazin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the pattern and replacing the pattern inside the file

i have little challenge, help me out.i have a file where i have a value declared and and i have to replace the value when called. for example i have the value for abc and ccc. now i have to substitute the value of value abc and ccc in the place of them. Input File: go to &abc=ddd; if... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting textfile based on pattern and name new file after pattern

Hi there, I am pretty new to those things, so I couldn't figure out how to solve this, and if it is actually that easy. just found that awk could help:(. so i have a textfile with strings and numbers (originally copy pasted from word, therefore some empty cells) in the following structure: SC... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: luja
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify file pattern, take count of pattern, then act

Guys - Need your ideas on a section of code to finish something up. To make a long story short, I'm parsing a print output file that goes to pre-printed forms. I'm intercepting it, parsing it, formatting it, cutting it up into individual pages, grabbing the text I want in zones, building an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampsys
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies
CSREQ(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  CSREQ(1)

NAME
csreq -- Expert tool for manipulating Code Signing Requirement data SYNOPSIS
csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -t csreq [-v] -r requirement-input -b outputfile DESCRIPTION
The csreq command manipulates Code Signing Requirement data. It reads one requirement from a file or command arguments, converts it into internal form, checks it, and then optionally outputs it in a different form. The options are as follows: -b path Requests that the requirement read be written in binary form to the path given. -r requirement-input Specifies the input requirement. See "specifying requirements" below. This is exactly the same format as is accepted by the -r and -R options of the codesign(1) command. -t Requests that the requirement read be written as text to standard output. -v Increases the verbosity of output. Multiple instances of -v produce increasing levels of commentary output. In the first synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes it to standard output as canonical source text. Note that with text input, this actually compiles the requirement into internal form and then converts it back to text, giving you the system's view of the requirement code. In the second synopsis form, csreq reads a Code Requirement and writes its binary representation to a file. This is the same form produced by the SecRequirementCopyData API, and is readily acceptable as input to Code Signing verification APIs. It can also be used as input to subse- quent invocations of csreq by passing the filename to the -r option. SPECIFYING REQUIREMENTS
The requirement argument (-r) can be given in various forms. A plain text argument is taken to be a path to a file containing the require- ment. This program will accept both binary files containing properly compiled requirements code, and source files that are automatically com- piled for use. An argument of "-" requests that the requirement(s) are read from standard input. Again, standard input can contain either binary form or text. Finally, an argument that begins with an equal sign "=" is taken as a literal requirements source text, and is compiled accordingly for use. EXAMPLES
To compile an explicit requirement program and write its binary form to file "output": csreq -r="identifier com.foo.test" -b output.csreq To display the requirement program embedded at offset 1234 of file "foo": tail -b 1234 foo | csreq -r- -t FILES
DIAGNOSTICS
The csreq program exits 0 on success or 1 on failure. Errors in arguments yield exit code 2. SEE ALSO
codesign(1) HISTORY
The csreq command first appeared in Mac OS 10.5.0 . BSD
June 1, 2006 BSD